Government of Canada/Public Works — January 22, 2013Minister Ambrose Hosts Economic Roundtable in Calgary With Women Business Leaders
CALGARY, ALBERTA--(Marketwire - Jan. 22, 2013) - The Honourable Rona Ambrose, Minister of Public Works and Government Services and Minister for Status of Women, today hosted an economic roundtable with a number of women business leaders in Calgary. This consultation was an opportunity to continue discussing some of the challenges they face, and what matters most to Canadians-jobs and the economy.
"Given the significant leadership role women play in Canadian businesses, I look forward to hearing how we can best support our business leaders and continue to maintain and improve our economic performance in the years ahead," said Minister Ambrose. "Our Government's priority continues to be creating jobs, growth and long-term prosperity for all Canadians and their families, while keeping taxes low."
Since July 2009, Canada has seen over 900,000 net new jobs created-the best job growth record in the entire G8-and Canadian entrepreneurs are the reason we are achieving these results. Forbes Magazine recently stated that Canada was the best place in the world to do business.
Roundtable participants were also briefed on Canada's Office of Small and Medium Enterprises (OSME), and its role in helping businesses navigate the federal procurement process. OSME works with small and medium enterprises who want to do business with the government to improve the federal procurement and contracting processes.
OSME has also developed various tools to assist small and medium enterprises in doing business with the federal government, such as a detailed how-to guide; the Canadian Innovation Commercialization Program, to help businesses bring their Canadian products to the marketplace; and the www.buyandsell.gc.ca website.
Ce texte est également disponible en français.
PWGSC news releases are also available on our Internet site at http://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/medias-media/index-eng.html.
Follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/PWGSC_TPSGC.
Office of the Honourable Rona Ambrose
Public Works and Government Services Canada
Latest Industry Press Releases
Empire Industries Announces Stock Option Grants (2013-12-10)
November 2013 Housing Starts in St. John's (2013-12-09)
November 2013 Housing Starts in Prince Edward Island (2013-12-09)
November 2013 Housing Starts in New Brunswick (2013-12-09)
November 2013 Housing Starts in Halifax (2013-12-09)
Superior Plus Announces December 2013 Cash Dividend (2013-12-05)
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- RCMP make another arrest in connection with its SNC-Lavalin probe
- “Super beam” installed in Montreal Champlain Bridge repair
- Concrete awards recognize Ontario’s best
- Tunnelling of the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension completed
- Is there energy gold to be mined in sewage processing?
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 387 projects with a total value of $7,314,102,807 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$150,000,000 Whitby ON Tenders
$100,000,000 Brampton ON Prebid
$66,000,000 Peterborough ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Construct Canada 2013 CEO Power Breakfast
- LEED Platinum should be for top-tier projects: panel
- Lakeview HLPS Project
- Contractors need to carefully plan for projects, recommends lawyer panel
- Montreal rail junction realignment completed in tight window
- Toronto housing not cooling off, says BMO
- OCOT review panel objections still open until tomorrow
- Canadian hiring expected to remain stable: survey
- Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 16th, 2013
- New Westminster Development
- Natural gas generating facilities planned
- Refinery costs jump by $2.8 billion
- Employers must be aware of liability at holiday office parties
- New charges needed for infrastructure
- Skills Training at BCIT
- Auditor generals weigh in on value of P3s
- Low lead requirements kicking in next year
- Mental heath and workplace psychology must be addressed
- Edmonton International Airport mall takes shape
- University of Winnipeg building an apartment complex