Government of Canada/Public Works — January 22, 2013Minister Ambrose Hosts Economic Roundtable in Calgary With Women Business Leaders
CALGARY, ALBERTA--(Marketwire - Jan. 22, 2013) - The Honourable Rona Ambrose, Minister of Public Works and Government Services and Minister for Status of Women, today hosted an economic roundtable with a number of women business leaders in Calgary. This consultation was an opportunity to continue discussing some of the challenges they face, and what matters most to Canadians-jobs and the economy.
"Given the significant leadership role women play in Canadian businesses, I look forward to hearing how we can best support our business leaders and continue to maintain and improve our economic performance in the years ahead," said Minister Ambrose. "Our Government's priority continues to be creating jobs, growth and long-term prosperity for all Canadians and their families, while keeping taxes low."
Since July 2009, Canada has seen over 900,000 net new jobs created-the best job growth record in the entire G8-and Canadian entrepreneurs are the reason we are achieving these results. Forbes Magazine recently stated that Canada was the best place in the world to do business.
Roundtable participants were also briefed on Canada's Office of Small and Medium Enterprises (OSME), and its role in helping businesses navigate the federal procurement process. OSME works with small and medium enterprises who want to do business with the government to improve the federal procurement and contracting processes.
OSME has also developed various tools to assist small and medium enterprises in doing business with the federal government, such as a detailed how-to guide; the Canadian Innovation Commercialization Program, to help businesses bring their Canadian products to the marketplace; and the www.buyandsell.gc.ca website.
Ce texte est également disponible en français.
PWGSC news releases are also available on our Internet site at http://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/medias-media/index-eng.html.
Follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/PWGSC_TPSGC.
Office of the Honourable Rona Ambrose
Public Works and Government Services Canada
Latest Industry Press Releases
Superior Plus Announces March 2014 Cash Dividend (2014-03-06)
Retrocom REIT Announces 2013 Results (2014-03-06)
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 527 projects with a total value of $1,552,331,732 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$120,000,000 Oakville ON Tenders
$48,225,000 Etobicoke ON Prebid
$40,000,000 Ottawa ON Negotiated
- CCA96th: Unlocking Canada's Potential
- VIDEO: LiUNA Local 183 Training Centre introduces new programs
- Wins delivered on infrastructure front: Rizzardo
- Behind the Velodrome’s Veil
- Ontario’s prompt payment bill needs work but supported
- Southwest L-evation
- Post-bid clarifications make feds liable for bid repair
- Panama Construction Fact for Today
- Ritchie Bros. hold first Canadian auction of 2014
- Skilled labour needs changing in Saskatchewan
- Quebec’s construction momentum ebbs after 15 years of expansion
- VIDEO: Canadian Construction Association conference Panama preview
- Concerns raised about P3 approach for Saskatchewan schools
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of March 10th, 2014
- Wood Design Awards
- Outgoing chair reflects on time at the helm of the CCA
- School board asks for traditional procurement
- Site Services in Vancouver
- Looking to improve contract awards
- Environmental verdict riles Taseko
- Prentice to mediate First Nations agreements
- CAWIC funded to create action plan to attract women
- More video surveillance used on construction sites
- Modular workforce housing meets Alberta Building Code standard
- Manitoba outlines infrastructure plan
- BC Hydro posts RFQ for Site C project