Real Estate — January 16, 2013Bouygues Energies and Services Begins Delivering Services At The New RCMP E Division Headquarters
VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwire - Jan. 16, 2012) - On December 23rd, 2012, Bouygues Energies and Services Canada (Bouygues E&S) started operations of the "E" Division (British Columbia) Headquarters of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, in Surrey British Columbia.
With a floor area of 76,000 M2, and with a project value of C$ 966 million, the project is the largest federal government project outside the National Capital Region. Delivered as a 25 year (plus 2 years of construction) Private Public Partnership with Public Works and Government Services Canada, this project has been able to harness world class best practices in the facility management of secured facilities thanks to Bouygues E&S' extensive experience in other high security police, military and controlled environment installations in North America, Europe, the Middle East and the United Kingdom.
The facility is designed to the LEED Gold standard, and operated in compliance with BOMA BEST Level 3 standards, incorporating leading edge energy saving technologies such as chilled beam in the place of traditional energy intensive heating/cooling systems. Bouygues E&S' operating scope includes technical services and maintenance, helpdesk, housekeeping, food services, grounds maintenance, parking management, lifecycle and minor works. In addition, Bouygues E&S provided the design review and advisory services during the construction phase to assure optimal operational efficiency and flexibility to meet the RCMP's present and future needs. Finally, Bouygues E&S provides all the investment company (SPV) management services, including the financial and general management of the project company dedicated to this facility, to assure long term alignment between facility services delivery and critical RCMP operations.
Anthony McCord, C.E.O. of Bouygues Energies and Services Canada, stated, "we are proud to deliver on our promise to the Government of Canada and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. This advanced security facility further adds to Bouygues Energies and Services's portfolio of large and complex facilities under management in Canada and abroad. We are particularly pleased with the strong partnership we have created with Public Works Government Services Canada and the RCMP which will allow us to deliver a best in class environment aligned to their needs over the long term."
Bouygues Energies and Services Canada (ETDE FM Canada until February 28th, 2013) is a 100% subsidiary of Bouygues Energies and Services S.A. one of the world's largest industrial services companies, and member of the publicly quoted Bouygues Group. Bouygues Energies and Services Canada is a leading facility management and energy services partner for facility owners and occupants, with a particular focus on large, complex installations requiring controlled environments, 100% uptime, high security or advanced risk management. With offices in Vancouver, British Columbia, and Toronto, Ontario, Bouygues Energies and Services Canada's span of expertise ranges from conception, design, finance, construction, and facility operations in critical infrastructure and healthcare environments.
ETDE FM Canada
604 699 5281
Latest Industry Press Releases
November 2013 Housing Starts in Prince Edward Island (2013-12-09)
November 2013 Housing Starts in St. John's (2013-12-09)
November 2013 Housing Starts in New Brunswick (2013-12-09)
November 2013 Housing Starts in Halifax (2013-12-09)
Superior Plus Announces December 2013 Cash Dividend (2013-12-05)
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- Construction begins on 1.5-kilometre western portion of Mississauga transitway
- OCOT consultation comes to a halt over possible bias
- P3s put a jolt in electricity infrastructure
- Tunnelling of the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension completed
- Mandatory safety training kicks in next year
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 321 projects with a total value of $20,605,386,875 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$500,000,000 Province of Ontario ON Prebid
$139,300,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$67,650,000 Toronto ON Prebid
- NTCCC takes to Parliament Hill tomorrow
- Emerald Park Progress
- “Super beam” installed in Montreal Champlain Bridge repair
- Is there energy gold to be mined in sewage processing?
- Ottawa LRT tunnel boring machines named
- Better transportation key to quality of life, states CivicAction
- Three World Cup stadiums behind schedule
- Ontario introduces legislation to help protect vulnerable workers
- Istanbul’s Grand Bazaar inspires design of new strip mall currently being built in Las Vegas
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 9th, 2013
- Building the One
- New design-build contracts released
- Sales tax transition has been a mixed bag for industry
- Taseko files for judicial review of gold mine assessment
- Contract uncertainty and price escalation
- Edmonton college expansion moves ahead
- Council of Construction Associations names Dave Baspaly as new president
- $100 million added to Calgary's capital budget
- Massive investment will complete Kitimat smelter project
- Manitoba invests $45 million
- Corruption charge in probe of SNC-Lavalin