Construction/Building — January 16, 2013GTA REALTORS® Release Mid-Month Resale Housing Figures
TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Jan. 16, 2013) - Greater Toronto REALTORS® reported 1,469 sales through the TorontoMLS system during the first two weeks of January 2013. This result represented an increase of 2.4 per cent over the 1,435 transactions reported during the same period in 2012.
"The New Year started off on a positive note with residential sales slightly above last year's levels," said Toronto Real Estate Board (TREB) President Ann Hannah. "I am cautiously optimistic about this result. It will be important to watch sales trends closely as we move through the first quarter to see if some of the households who moved to the sidelines as a result of stricter lending guidelines are starting to renew their decision to purchase a home."
The average selling price during the first 14 days of 2013 was by up by four per cent on a year-over-year basis to $459,728.
"Continuing the trend from 2012, the low-rise segment of the market experienced the strongest price growth as competition between buyers remained quite strong," said Jason Mercer, TREB's Senior Manager of Market Analysis. "The average selling price is expected to grow in 2013, but at a slower pace as buyers benefit from more choice."
|Summary of TorontoMLS Sales and Average Price January 1 - 14|
|Sales||Average Price||New Listings||Sales||Average Price||New Listings|
|City of Toronto ("416")||531||$||464,228||1,634||531||$||462,693||1,571|
|Rest of GTA ("905")||938||$||457,181||2,604||904||$||430,308||2,361|
|TorontoMLS Sales & Average Price By Home Type|
|January 1 - 14, 2013|
|Yr./Yr. % Change||-2.0||%||6.9||%||4.8||%||2.5||%||5.7||%||4.3||%|
|Yr./Yr. % Change||16.7||%||10.7||%||12.2||%||12.9||%||10.6||%||11.5||%|
|Yr./Yr. % Change||14.0||%||-3.8||%||0.4||%||3.5||%||4.4||%||4.6||%|
|Yr./Yr. % Change||-4.2||%||-5.0||%||-4.4||%||-4.4||%||-0.2||%||-3.3||%|
|Greater Toronto REALTORS® are passionate about their work. They are governed by a strict Code of Ethics and share a state-of-the-art Multiple Listing Service. Over 35,000 TREB Members serve consumers in the Greater Toronto Area. The Toronto Real Estate Board is Canada's largest real estate board.|
Get the latest real estate news and Market Watch information including market watch summary video.
Senior Manager Public Affairs
Latest Industry Press Releases
DIRTT to Release 2014 Q1 Results on May 12, 2014 (2014-04-24)
Black Diamond Group Limited Announces April Dividend (2014-04-17)
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 479 projects with a total value of $1,224,678,004 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$31,000,000 Richmond Hill ON Negotiated
$30,000,000 Brampton ON Tenders
$30,000,000 Mississauga ON Negotiated
- VIDEO: Debate still strong as OCOT turns one
- TCIC bid competition a prep for the future, say students
- George Street Glass
- Enbridge pledges jobs with proposed pipeline
- Ontario now off coal
- CEO honours top Ontario engineer firms
- Muskrat Falls project costs going up, reports Nalcor Energy CEO
- Ex government engineer accepted gifts in exchange for contracts
- Alberta health and safety officials investigate death of electrician
- Merit Contractors Association president announces retirement
- Truss Lift
- B.C. government reverses sweet gas deregulation
- CCA looking to engage Aboriginal communities with new taskforce
- Pembina Pipelines building regional headquarters in Alberta
- Biomaterials growing on construction
- Manitoba town is a design showcase
- Saskatchewan wind project moves forward
- Suncor worker death investigated
- Olympic builders return to the job