Construction/Building — January 16, 2013GTA REALTORS® Release Mid-Month Resale Housing Figures
TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Jan. 16, 2013) - Greater Toronto REALTORS® reported 1,469 sales through the TorontoMLS system during the first two weeks of January 2013. This result represented an increase of 2.4 per cent over the 1,435 transactions reported during the same period in 2012.
"The New Year started off on a positive note with residential sales slightly above last year's levels," said Toronto Real Estate Board (TREB) President Ann Hannah. "I am cautiously optimistic about this result. It will be important to watch sales trends closely as we move through the first quarter to see if some of the households who moved to the sidelines as a result of stricter lending guidelines are starting to renew their decision to purchase a home."
The average selling price during the first 14 days of 2013 was by up by four per cent on a year-over-year basis to $459,728.
"Continuing the trend from 2012, the low-rise segment of the market experienced the strongest price growth as competition between buyers remained quite strong," said Jason Mercer, TREB's Senior Manager of Market Analysis. "The average selling price is expected to grow in 2013, but at a slower pace as buyers benefit from more choice."
|Summary of TorontoMLS Sales and Average Price January 1 - 14|
|Sales||Average Price||New Listings||Sales||Average Price||New Listings|
|City of Toronto ("416")||531||$||464,228||1,634||531||$||462,693||1,571|
|Rest of GTA ("905")||938||$||457,181||2,604||904||$||430,308||2,361|
|TorontoMLS Sales & Average Price By Home Type|
|January 1 - 14, 2013|
|Yr./Yr. % Change||-2.0||%||6.9||%||4.8||%||2.5||%||5.7||%||4.3||%|
|Yr./Yr. % Change||16.7||%||10.7||%||12.2||%||12.9||%||10.6||%||11.5||%|
|Yr./Yr. % Change||14.0||%||-3.8||%||0.4||%||3.5||%||4.4||%||4.6||%|
|Yr./Yr. % Change||-4.2||%||-5.0||%||-4.4||%||-4.4||%||-0.2||%||-3.3||%|
|Greater Toronto REALTORS® are passionate about their work. They are governed by a strict Code of Ethics and share a state-of-the-art Multiple Listing Service. Over 35,000 TREB Members serve consumers in the Greater Toronto Area. The Toronto Real Estate Board is Canada's largest real estate board.|
Get the latest real estate news and Market Watch information including market watch summary video.
Senior Manager Public Affairs
Latest Industry Press Releases
Black Diamond Group Limited Announces April Dividend (2014-04-17)
New Affordable Housing Open in Regina (2014-04-14)
New Emergency Shelter in Melfort (2014-04-11)
Nouvelle maison d'h├ębergement d'urgence ├á Melfort (2014-04-11)
Media Advisory: New Emergency Shelter in Melfort (2014-04-10)
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 481 projects with a total value of $2,274,238,471 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$150,000,000 Ottawa ON Negotiated
$135,000,000 Toronto ON Tenders
$82,000,000 Toronto ON Tenders
- Upset waters over new Ontario diving regulations
- Covering up the Celsius
- Frontier Oilsands Mine joint review panel raises concerns among some First Nations
- The rise of biomaterials in construction
- Doors open on latest PPP Canada funding
- U.S. builders’ confidence rises but is limited by tight credit and shortages of labour and lots
- Keystone XL opponents carve message
- RFP released to shortlisted teams for Milton hospital expansion
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Fort McMurray airport terminal getting ready for take off
- B.C. government forms liquefied natural gas working group
- Kitimat residents vote against Northern Gateway pipeline
- Precast concrete enables net-zero homes
- Learning to dig safely can save lives
- Ex construction boss admits to collusion in government contracts
- P3 Fund launches
- Supreme court won't hear case involving construction mogul
- Minister spurns spat over plant