Construction/Building — January 9, 2013Tree Island Announces Executive Appointments
VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwire - Jan. 9, 2013) - Tree Island Steel Ltd. (the "Company") (TSX:TSL)(TSX:TSL.DB) announced today two key executive appointments intended to enable Tree Island to continue to implement the Company's strategic vision and development of the Company's core businesses.
Remy Stachowiak has been appointed as the Vice President, Sales. He will report to the President and CEO and will lead Sales, Marketing and Customer Service for Tree Island. Remy has a strong technical background in mechanical engineering and sales and marketing. He most recently served as the Chief Operating Officer and President of STT Stanco (Division of Semcan Inc, Publically Traded), a company that provides integrated chemical handling systems for Air and Water pollution control as well as liquid storage.
In addition, James Miller has been appointed as the Vice President, Corporate Development. James will report to the President and CEO and in this newly defined role, will be responsible for harnessing and leading key corporate strategic planning and procurement initiatives, inventory management processes, major supplier contract management and the China Operations for Tree Island Steel. James previously served as Director of Strategic Business Investments with VanCity Group, Canada's largest credit union.
"I am excited to have Remy and James join the company at this critical juncture as we lead the company through the next phase in its transformation," stated Dale R. MacLean, President and CEO of Tree Island Steel Ltd. "This operational realignment and injection of new talent will help accelerate our growth plan by strategically utilizing and building on our core strengths as we continue on our path to improving our competitiveness and profitability."
About Tree Island Steel Ltd.
Tree Island Steel Ltd. has a 100% ownership interest in Tree Island Industries Ltd. and its performance depends on the performance of Tree Island Industries Ltd. Headquartered in Richmond, British Columbia, since 1964, Tree Island Industries Ltd., through its four operating facilities in Canada and the United States, produces wire products for a diverse range of industrial, residential construction, commercial construction, agricultural, and specialty applications. Its products include bright wire; a broad array of fasteners, including packaged, collated and bulk nails; stucco reinforcing products; concrete reinforcing mesh; fencing and other fabricated wire products. The Company markets these products under the Tree Island, Halsteel, K-Lath, Industrial Alloys, TI Wire, and Tough Strand and Select Brand names. Tree Island also owns and operates a China-based company that assists the international sourcing of products to Tree Island Industries Ltd. and its customers.
Latest Industry Press Releases
October 2013 Rental Market in St. John's (2013-12-12)
October 2013 Rental Market in Nova Scotia (2013-12-12)
October 2013 Rental Market in Halifax (2013-12-12)
October 2013 Rental Market in New Brunswick (2013-12-12)
October 2013 Rental Market in Moncton (2013-12-12)
October 2013 Rental Market in Saint John (2013-12-12)
October 2013 Rental Market in Charlottetown (2013-12-12)
October 2013 Rental Market in Prince Edward Island (2013-12-12)
Empire Industries Announces Stock Option Grants (2013-12-10)
November 2013 Housing Starts in Prince Edward Island (2013-12-09)
November 2013 Housing Starts in New Brunswick (2013-12-09)
November 2013 Housing Starts in St. John's (2013-12-09)
November 2013 Housing Starts in Halifax (2013-12-09)
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- RCMP make another arrest in connection with its SNC-Lavalin probe
- “Super beam” installed in Montreal Champlain Bridge repair
- Tunnelling of the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension completed
- Toronto housing not cooling off, says BMO
- Is there energy gold to be mined in sewage processing?
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 366 projects with a total value of $3,913,656,488 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Thursday.
$75,140,000 Waterloo ON Tenders
$62,710,000 Mississauga ON Negotiated
$50,000,000 Oshawa ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Construct Canada 2013 CEO Power Breakfast
- New tech drives construction over last 25 years: panel
- Duffin Pumping Station Moves Up
- Relationships are integral to break into the Chinese market for construction
- Construction efficiency a growing concern
- RES Canada to build SunEdison solar facilities
- Lafarge launches new corporate website
- USGBC releases LEED in Motion report
- Ritchie Bros. $43 million agriculture equipment auction its best-ever
- Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 16th, 2013
- New Westminster Development
- Natural gas generating facilities planned
- Refinery costs jump by $2.8 billion
- Employers must be aware of liability at holiday office parties
- New charges needed for infrastructure
- Skills Training at BCIT
- Auditor generals weigh in on value of P3s
- Low lead requirements kicking in next year
- Mental heath and workplace psychology must be addressed
- Edmonton International Airport mall takes shape
- University of Winnipeg building an apartment complex