Real Estate — January 8, 2013Melcor Developments Ltd. Announces Commencement of Strategic Process
EDMONTON, ALBERTA--(Marketwire - Jan. 8, 2013) - Melcor Developments Ltd. ("Melcor" or the "Company") (TSX:MRD) today announced that it has commenced a strategic process to advance its business interests through the creation of a Real Estate Investment Trust ("REIT") in which the Company would maintain a significant interest. The Company is considering vending a substantial portion of its income-producing assets into this new vehicle. This process would provide capital to the Company, and allow it to grow and continue to pursue numerous value creating opportunities in strong western Canadian economies. A Special Committee of independent Directors of the Board, Chaired by Gordon Clanachan, has been constituted to oversee the strategic process.
The Company cautions that the Board of Directors has not set any deadline for completing any transaction, and that any such strategy may, or may not, be executed. Accordingly, there can be no assurance that the Company will ultimately pursue, or complete, any transactions, and investors, or potential investors, should not trade based on this information.
The Company has engaged RBC Capital Markets and CIBC as its financial advisors and Bryan & Company LLP as its legal advisor with respect to this process.
About Melcor Developments Ltd.
Melcor is a diversified real estate development and management company with a rich heritage of integrity and innovation in real estate since 1923.
Through four integrated operating divisions, Melcor manages the full life cycle of real estate development: from acquiring raw land, to community planning, to construction and development, to managing leasable office, retail and residential sites. We develop and manage mixed-use residential communities, business and industrial parks, office buildings, retail commercial centres and golf courses.
Our headquarters are in Edmonton, Alberta, with regional offices throughout Alberta and British Columbia. Our developments span western Canada and the US. We have been publicly traded since 1968 (TSX:MRD).
Melcor Developments Ltd. - Business Contact
Ralph B. Young
Chief Executive Officer
(780) 426-1796 (FAX)
Melcor Developments Ltd. - Investor Relations
Jonathan Chia, C.A.
Vice-President, Finance and CFO
(780) 426-1796 (FAX)
Latest Industry Press Releases
November 2013 Housing Starts in Halifax (2013-12-09)
November 2013 Housing Starts in St. John's (2013-12-09)
November 2013 Housing Starts in New Brunswick (2013-12-09)
November 2013 Housing Starts in Prince Edward Island (2013-12-09)
Superior Plus Announces December 2013 Cash Dividend (2013-12-05)
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- Construction begins on 1.5-kilometre western portion of Mississauga transitway
- Tunnelling of the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension completed
- P3s put a jolt in electricity infrastructure
- OCOT consultation comes to a halt over possible bias
- “Super beam” installed in Montreal Champlain Bridge repair
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 331 projects with a total value of $3,875,502,154 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Monday.
$2,200,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$125,000,000 Scarborough ON Prebid
$49,900,000 Toronto ON Prebid
- P3s can support Canadian resource development
- Parking culture shift can influence transit use and development, says expert panel
- What will it take to improve infrastructure?
- NRC unveils four new research programs
- Water-treatment plant planned for Manitoba’s CentrePort area
- RCMP make another arrest in connection with its SNC-Lavalin probe
- United States green construction arms race heats up
- Nova Scotia to ban importation of waste water from shale gas fracking
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 9th, 2013
- Building the One
- New design-build contracts released
- Sales tax transition has been a mixed bag for industry
- Taseko files for judicial review of gold mine assessment
- Contract uncertainty and price escalation
- Edmonton college expansion moves ahead
- Council of Construction Associations names Dave Baspaly as new president
- $100 million added to Calgary's capital budget
- Massive investment will complete Kitimat smelter project
- Manitoba invests $45 million
- Corruption charge in probe of SNC-Lavalin