Real Estate — January 8, 2013Melcor Developments Ltd. Announces Commencement of Strategic Process
EDMONTON, ALBERTA--(Marketwire - Jan. 8, 2013) - Melcor Developments Ltd. ("Melcor" or the "Company") (TSX:MRD) today announced that it has commenced a strategic process to advance its business interests through the creation of a Real Estate Investment Trust ("REIT") in which the Company would maintain a significant interest. The Company is considering vending a substantial portion of its income-producing assets into this new vehicle. This process would provide capital to the Company, and allow it to grow and continue to pursue numerous value creating opportunities in strong western Canadian economies. A Special Committee of independent Directors of the Board, Chaired by Gordon Clanachan, has been constituted to oversee the strategic process.
The Company cautions that the Board of Directors has not set any deadline for completing any transaction, and that any such strategy may, or may not, be executed. Accordingly, there can be no assurance that the Company will ultimately pursue, or complete, any transactions, and investors, or potential investors, should not trade based on this information.
The Company has engaged RBC Capital Markets and CIBC as its financial advisors and Bryan & Company LLP as its legal advisor with respect to this process.
About Melcor Developments Ltd.
Melcor is a diversified real estate development and management company with a rich heritage of integrity and innovation in real estate since 1923.
Through four integrated operating divisions, Melcor manages the full life cycle of real estate development: from acquiring raw land, to community planning, to construction and development, to managing leasable office, retail and residential sites. We develop and manage mixed-use residential communities, business and industrial parks, office buildings, retail commercial centres and golf courses.
Our headquarters are in Edmonton, Alberta, with regional offices throughout Alberta and British Columbia. Our developments span western Canada and the US. We have been publicly traded since 1968 (TSX:MRD).
Melcor Developments Ltd. - Business Contact
Ralph B. Young
Chief Executive Officer
(780) 426-1796 (FAX)
Melcor Developments Ltd. - Investor Relations
Jonathan Chia, C.A.
Vice-President, Finance and CFO
(780) 426-1796 (FAX)
Latest Industry Press Releases
February 2014 Housing Starts in New Brunswick (2014-03-10)
February 2014 Housing Starts in Halifax (2014-03-10)
February 2014 Housing Starts in St. John's (2014-03-10)
February 2014 Housing Starts in Prince Edward Island (2014-03-10)
Retrocom REIT Announces 2013 Results (2014-03-06)
Superior Plus Announces March 2014 Cash Dividend (2014-03-06)
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 368 projects with a total value of $7,826,276,357 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Monday.
$110,000,000 Toronto ON Tenders
$70,000,000 Ottawa ON Prebid
$65,000,000 Brampton ON Tenders
- A Closer Look VIDEO: Construction on the Panama Canal Expansion
- CCA96th: Unlocking Canada's Potential
- Break ground beyond Canada, says new CCA chair
- Construction of Haiti’s Ecole Lakay drives forward
- The power of proper project management
- Panama Construction Fact for Today
- Federal government unveils $32.5 million in funding for Quebec ice oval
- Canadian job market “sputters” in February
- Construction and machinery to see increased investment, says StatsCan
- Line 3 pipeline plans for Enbridge
- VIDEO: Construction on the Panama Canal expansion
- Concerns raised about P3 approach for Saskatchewan schools
- Manitoba focuses on infrastructure spending in budget
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of March 10th, 2014
- Team work and prep are keys to success: Hadfield
- Panama Canal expansion digs deep
- Wood Design Awards
- Outgoing chair reflects on time at the helm of the CCA
- School board asks for traditional procurement
- Site Services in Vancouver
- Looking to improve contract awards
- Environmental verdict riles Taseko
- Prentice to mediate First Nations agreements
- CAWIC funded to create action plan to attract women
- More video surveillance used on construction sites
- Modular workforce housing meets Alberta Building Code standard
- Manitoba outlines infrastructure plan
- BC Hydro posts RFQ for Site C project