Real Estate — November 27, 2012First Capital Realty Announces C$100 Million Offering of 3.95% Series P Senior Unsecured Debentures
TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Nov. 27, 2012) -
NOT FOR DISTRIBUTION TO U.S. NEWS WIRE SERVICES OR DISSEMINATION IN THE UNITED STATES
First Capital Realty Inc. (TSX:FCR) (the "Company"), Canada's leading owner, developer and operator of supermarket and drugstore anchored neighbourhood and community shopping centres, located predominantly in growing urban markets, announced today that it has agreed to issue, on a bought deal basis, C$100 million aggregate principal amount of Series P senior unsecured debentures. These debentures will bear interest at a rate of 3.95% per annum and will mature on December 5, 2022. The debentures were sold at a price of $99.264 per $100 principal amount, with an effective yield of 4.04% if held to maturity. The offering is being underwritten by a syndicate co-led by RBC Capital Markets and TD Securities. Subject to customary closing conditions, the offering will close on December 5, 2012. It is a condition of closing to the offering that the debentures be rated at least BBB (high) with a stable trend by DBRS and at least Baa2 (stable) by Moody's Investors Service.
The offering is being made under the Company's base shelf prospectus dated May 25, 2011 and the debentures will be issued pursuant to the Company's trust indenture dated June 21, 2005, as supplemented. These debentures will rank pari passu with the Company's outstanding senior unsecured debentures.
The net proceeds of the offering will be used for development and redevelopment activities, acquisitions, repayment of debt and for general corporate purposes.
The securities offered have not been registered under the U.S. Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and may not be offered or sold in the United States absent registration or an applicable exemption from the registration requirements. This press release shall not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy nor shall there be any sale of the securities in any jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful.
ABOUT FIRST CAPITAL REALTY (TSX:FCR)
First Capital Realty is Canada's leading owner, developer and operator of supermarket and drugstore anchored neighbourhood and community shopping centres, located predominantly in growing urban markets. The Company currently owns interests in 174 properties, including six under ground-up development, totalling approximately 24.4 million square feet of gross leasable area and four sites in the planning stage for future retail development.
This press release contains forward-looking statements and information within the meaning of applicable securities law. Forward-looking statements can be identified by the expressions "expects", "believes", "estimates", "will" and similar expressions. The forward-looking statements are not historical facts but reflect the Company's current expectations regarding future results or events and are based on information currently available to Management. Certain material factors and assumptions were applied in providing these forward-looking statements.
Management believes that the expectations reflected in forward-looking statements are based upon reasonable assumptions; however, Management can give no assurance that the actual results or developments will be consistent with these forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results or events to differ materially from current expectations, including the matters discussed under "Risks and Uncertainties" in First Capital Realty's Management's Discussion and Analysis in its 2011 Annual Report and under "Risk Factors" in its current Annual Information Form. Readers, therefore, should not place undue reliance on any such forward-looking statements. Further, a forward-looking statement speaks only as of the date on which such statement is made. First Capital Realty undertakes no obligation to publicly update any such statement or to reflect new information or the occurrence of future events or circumstances except as required by applicable securities law.
All forward-looking statements in this press release are made as of the date hereof and are qualified by these cautionary statements.
First Capital Realty Inc.
Dori J. Segal
President & CEO
First Capital Realty Inc.
Karen H. Weaver
Executive Vice President & CFO
First Capital Realty Inc.
85 Hanna Avenue, Suite 400
Toronto, Ontario, Canada M6K 3S3
Latest Industry Press Releases
Black Diamond Group Limited Announces May Dividend (2013-05-17)
CanWel Announces Election of Directors (2013-05-14)
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- OPG $1 billion proposal to bury nuclear waste up for comment
- Hundreds of workers to be out of work as Caterpillar Inc. is set to close Toronto factory
- Proposed Ambassador Bridge twinning draws Windsor mayor’s ire
- Construction on pedestrian tunnel to Billy Bishop Airport continues to make progress
- Ontario prompt payment bill to get second reading today
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 316 projects with a total value of $2,787,806,637 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$90,000,000 Richmond Hill ON Prebid
$82,000,000 White River Twp ON Tenders
$40,650,000 Markham ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Economic Update May 21, 2013
- VIDEO: Competing in the trades
- Multi-employer approach needed in apprenticeships
- New Perspective
- ACEC’s input helps develop global engineering guidelines
- Clerk of works position gives peace of mind on projects
- World Trade Center developer’s plan for a 926-foot tower moving ahead
- Call for action after MOL says workers are responsible for their own safety
- Cold spring and weak construction hurt Deere’s 2013 predictions
- CanBIM reschedule June session
- More green roofs top Toronto buildings
- Witness recants testimony in Montreal corruption case
- Construction Site Arson
- Industry reacts to surprise B.C. Liberal majority
- Journal of Commerce Update for the week of May 20th, 2013
- Calgary Airport Tunnel
- Worker at centre of union sign up allegations speaks out
- Calgary program aims to get more people into the trades
- Midrise in the City
- Veterans battle barriers into the trades
- Government makes changes to online tendering
- SNC-Lavalin maintains that new bribery allegations have been resolved
- B.C. faces a tough battle for top talent
- Keyano College building state of the art training facility
- Essential skills can play a vital role in an apprentices' success
- Taking a closer look at the risks in green building for contractors
- Colleges conduct construction research in addition to teaching
- Skills Canada BC Competition
- Lower Mainland high school trades program is unique
- Construction Learning Forum aims to educate
- High schools looking for more industry participation
- Industrial construction supervisor program takes off
- Saskatchewan bill passed
- Edmonton garners support for regional cash for arena
- Feds pledge $5 million for Vimy memorial