Real Estate — November 16, 2012Calloway Real Estate Investment Trust to Redeem 6.65% Convertible Unsecured Subordinated Debentures
TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Nov. 16, 2012) -
NOT FOR DISTRIBUTION IN THE UNITED STATES OR OVER UNITED STATES WIRE SERVICES
Calloway Real Estate Investment Trust ("Calloway" or the "REIT") (TSX:CWT.UN) announced today that it will redeem all of its outstanding 6.65% Convertible Unsecured Subordinated Debentures (the "Debentures") on December 18, 2012 (the "Redemption Date"). The Debentures were issued May 2, 2008 and mature on June 30, 2013.
The redemption price has been determined in accordance with the provisions of the Trust Indenture and Supplemental Indenture related to the Debentures. The redemption price will be paid in cash equal to the principle of $1,000 together with accrued and unpaid interest on the Debentures up to, but not including, the Redemption Date, for a total of $1,031.15 per $1,000 principal amount of Debentures (less any taxes required to be deducted or withheld) (the "Redemption Price").
Notice of redemption has been delivered to Computershare Trust Company of Canada in accordance with the Trust Indenture.
The aggregate principal amount of the Debentures currently outstanding is $99,483,000. Calloway intends to use cash on hand and to draw funds from its existing revolving line of credit to pay the Redemption Price to the extent the Debentures are not then converted. The Debentures are listed for trading on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the trading symbol "CWT.DB.A" and may be converted in accordance with their terms into Units of the REIT until December 17, 2012 The Debentures are convertible at $25.25 per Unit of the REIT.
Non-registered holders (banks, brokerage firms or other financial institutions) who maintain their interests in the Debentures through CDS & Co. ("CDS") should contact their CDS customer service representative with any questions about the redemption. Alternatively, beneficial holders with any questions about the redemption should contact their respective brokerage firm or financial institution, which holds interests in the Debentures through CDS on their behalf.
Calloway is one of Canada's largest real estate investment trusts with an enterprise value of approximately $6.5 billion. It owns and manages approximately 26.2 million square feet in 120 value-oriented retail centres having the strongest national and regional retailers, as well as strong neighbourhood merchants. Calloway's vision is to provide a value-oriented shopping experience to Canadian consumers. For more information on Calloway, visit www.callowayreit.com.
Calloway Real Estate Investment Trust
President and Chief Executive Officer
(905) 326-6400 ext. 7649
Calloway Real Estate Investment Trust
Chief Financial Officer
(905) 326-6400 ext. 7631
Latest Industry Press Releases
DIRTT to Release 2014 Q1 Results on May 12, 2014 (2014-04-24)
Black Diamond Group Limited Announces April Dividend (2014-04-17)
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 479 projects with a total value of $1,224,678,004 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$31,000,000 Richmond Hill ON Negotiated
$30,000,000 Brampton ON Tenders
$30,000,000 Mississauga ON Negotiated
- Having a blast on the job — demo with finesse
- Does a roadmap to a sustainable future exist?
- Work complete on South Kent Wind project
- Draft standard for snow loads on buildings in northern Canada open for feedback
- Community murals brighten up construction hoarding on TTC projects
- Protecting endangered species a focus on Highway 15 work
- Intricate demolition saves venerable newspaper building façade
- London Roundhouse project takes selective demolition to high art
- London hospital tear down not your average demo
- Strategic demolition repurposes Bowater Mersey paper plant
- Barn razing: demolition of Charlottetown racehorse stables
- Incarceration gives way to innovation at Bridgepoint
- Breaking good: National Demolition Association updates safety manual
- Droppings responsible for respiratory illness at Quebec demolition site
- Innovative storm water solution under Denison Road
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 28th, 2014
- Merit Contractors Association president announces retirement
- Truss Lift
- B.C. government reverses sweet gas deregulation
- CCA looking to engage Aboriginal communities with new taskforce
- Pembina Pipelines building regional headquarters in Alberta
- Biomaterials growing on construction
- Manitoba town is a design showcase
- Saskatchewan wind project moves forward
- Suncor worker death investigated
- Olympic builders return to the job