Construction/Building — November 16, 2012PFB Corporation and NOVA Chemicals Corporation Terminate Letter of Intent for Acquisition of Nova Chemicals' Performance Styrenics Business
CALGARY, ALBERTA--(Marketwire - Nov. 16, 2012) - PFB Corporation (TSX:PFB) ("PFB") announces that it has agreed with Nova Chemicals Corporation ("NOVA Chemicals") to terminate their letter of intent whereby PFB would acquire NOVA Chemicals' Performance Styrenics business, including the expandable polystyrene ("EPS") and ARCEL® resin products.
PFB and NOVA Chemicals have been unable to execute definitive agreements in accordance with the terms of the Letter of Intent.
PFB Corporation is a vertically integrated manufacturer of insulating building products that are marketed across North America under five brands. Plasti-Fab, EPS Product Solutions® are products, manufactured using expanded polystyrene (EPS) as base raw materials, that are delivered to customers in five segmented markets. Advantage ICF Systems® are insulating concrete forming systems that are employed to build insulated foundations and walls from concrete in both residential and commercial markets. Insulspan® Structural Insulating Panels Systems (SIPS) are used to create structural walls and to replace trusses on roof systems to form an energy-efficient structural envelope. PFB Custom Homes Group includes Riverbend® Timber Framing, PrecisionCraft® Log &Timber Homes, Point Zero™ Homes and M.T.N Architects. Each brand provides clients with our exclusive Total Home Solution® for building custom homes in the US, Canada and internationally that can include Insulspan SIPS for the walls and roof, and Advantage ICFS for the building's foundations.
PFB Corporation is listed for trading on the Toronto Stock Exchange, symbol PFB.
Stephen P. Hardy
Vice President & CFO
(403) 569 4303
(403) 569 4075 (FAX)
100, 2886 Sunridge Way NE
Calgary, Alberta T1Y 7H9
Latest Industry Press Releases
New Affordable Housing Open in Regina (2014-04-14)
Nouvelle maison d'h√©bergement d'urgence √† Melfort (2014-04-11)
New Emergency Shelter in Melfort (2014-04-11)
Media Advisory: New Emergency Shelter in Melfort (2014-04-10)
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 415 projects with a total value of $3,354,507,550 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$200,000,000 Milton ON Tenders
$55,000,000 Ottawa ON Negotiated
$30,000,000 Lennox and Addington Co ON Negotiated
- Youth get hands-on at Future Building expo
- Taskgroup to work on engaging Aboriginal communities
- World Cup stadium strike comes to an end
- Former Quebec construction boss admits collusion involvement
- Manufacturing labour shortage to get a boost from government
- LEED-approved projects are booming in 2014
- Large wave of project enter Holcim Awards competition
- Former finance minister Jim Flaherty has died
- Siemens Canada awarded first wind turbine order in Saskatchewan
- Fort McMurray airport terminal getting ready for take off
- B.C. government forms liquefied natural gas working group
- Kitimat residents vote against Northern Gateway pipeline
- Precast concrete enables net-zero homes
- Learning to dig safely can save lives
- Ex construction boss admits to collusion in government contracts
- P3 Fund launches
- Supreme court won't hear case involving construction mogul
- Minister spurns spat over plant