Construction/Building — November 16, 2012PFB Corporation and NOVA Chemicals Corporation Terminate Letter of Intent for Acquisition of Nova Chemicals' Performance Styrenics Business
CALGARY, ALBERTA--(Marketwire - Nov. 16, 2012) - PFB Corporation (TSX:PFB) ("PFB") announces that it has agreed with Nova Chemicals Corporation ("NOVA Chemicals") to terminate their letter of intent whereby PFB would acquire NOVA Chemicals' Performance Styrenics business, including the expandable polystyrene ("EPS") and ARCEL® resin products.
PFB and NOVA Chemicals have been unable to execute definitive agreements in accordance with the terms of the Letter of Intent.
PFB Corporation is a vertically integrated manufacturer of insulating building products that are marketed across North America under five brands. Plasti-Fab, EPS Product Solutions® are products, manufactured using expanded polystyrene (EPS) as base raw materials, that are delivered to customers in five segmented markets. Advantage ICF Systems® are insulating concrete forming systems that are employed to build insulated foundations and walls from concrete in both residential and commercial markets. Insulspan® Structural Insulating Panels Systems (SIPS) are used to create structural walls and to replace trusses on roof systems to form an energy-efficient structural envelope. PFB Custom Homes Group includes Riverbend® Timber Framing, PrecisionCraft® Log &Timber Homes, Point Zero™ Homes and M.T.N Architects. Each brand provides clients with our exclusive Total Home Solution® for building custom homes in the US, Canada and internationally that can include Insulspan SIPS for the walls and roof, and Advantage ICFS for the building's foundations.
PFB Corporation is listed for trading on the Toronto Stock Exchange, symbol PFB.
Stephen P. Hardy
Vice President & CFO
(403) 569 4303
(403) 569 4075 (FAX)
100, 2886 Sunridge Way NE
Calgary, Alberta T1Y 7H9
Latest Industry Press Releases
Superior Plus Announces December 2013 Cash Dividend (2013-12-05)
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 333 projects with a total value of $13,209,890,621 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Thursday.
$150,000,000 Toronto ON Negotiated
$35,000,000 Chatham ON Negotiated
$26,000,000 Sudbury ON Tenders
- Potential hiring quotas overshadow infrastructure act
- GO Green
- P3 mega bridges require mega planning
- New charges needed for infrastructure
- Karakatsanis one of Canada’s powerful women
- Gerard McDonald new Professional Engineers Ontario registrar
- Oshawa urban design awards nominations open
- U.S. construction spending hits highest level in four years
- Amount of leased industrial/retail and office properties increases
- Residential sales in the GTA on the rise
- Tunnelling of the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension completed
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 9th, 2013
- Vandals cause nearly $250,000 in water damage
- Construction cut back in latest B.C. budget update
- Alberta and Manitoba led the pack for labour productivity
- Feds infrastructure commitment re-affirmed
- Infrastructure impacted by climate change
- West End Residential rises
- Changing procurement impacts felt
- Aurora LNG files export bid
- New Brunswick premier touts pipeline jobs