Construction/Building — November 15, 2012CEMATRIX Corporation Reports Third Quarter Financial Results
CALGARY, ALBERTA--(Marketwire - Nov. 15, 2012) - CEMATRIX Corporation (TSX VENTURE:CVX) (the "Corporation" or the "Company" or "CEMATRIX") is pleased to announce the release of its consolidated financial results for the quarter and nine months ended September 30, 2012.
Third Quarter Highlights
- The Company added $3.0 million of sales orders bringing the total in the year to $11.7 million. The Company now has $8.7 million of contracted sales for work scheduled in 2012 and another $3.0 million for work scheduled for 2013.
- The Company reported third quarter sales of $2.4 million compared to $3.4 million for the same period in 2011; the decline in sales from the same period in the previous year was due to a shift in 2012 sales into the fourth quarter.
- The Company reported third quarter earnings of $222,127, compared with $739,188 in the same period in 2011; the decline is due to the timing of sales year over year as discussed above.
Selected financial information for the quarters and nine months ended September 30, 2012 and 2011 is as follows:
|Quarter ended September 30||Nine months ended September 30|
|Operating income (loss)||262,254||777,468||(515,214||)||(67,203||)||621,089||(688,292||)|
|Finance costs and other items||(40,127||)||(38,280||)||(1,847||)||(102,965||)||(151,066||)||48,101|
|Comprehensive income (loss)||$||222,127||$||739,188||$||(517,061||)||$||(170,168||)||$||470,023||$||(640,191||)|
|Income (loss)per common share||$||0.007||$||0.022||$||(0.015||)||$||(0.005||)||$||0.014||$||(0.019||)|
The outlook for 2012 remains positive. The Company has $8.7 million of sales contracted for projects that are currently scheduled for completion in 2012.
This press release should be read in conjunction with the Corporation's unaudited Consolidated Financial Statements and Management Discussion and Analysis for the quarter and nine months ended September 30, 2012, both of which can be found on SEDAR.
CEMATRIX is an Alberta corporation with its head offices in Calgary, Alberta. The Corporation, through its wholly owned subsidiary, is a manufacturer and supplier of technologically advanced cellular concrete products with applications in a variety of markets, including oil and gas construction and infrastructure construction. Cellular concrete provides a cost and labour saving solution as a replacement for rigid and other insulating materials in frost-susceptible or permafrost conditions. Cellular concrete is also used in void filling situations and as a replacement for granular fills and weak or unstable soils.
Forward-looking information: This news release contains certain information that is forward looking and is subject to important risks and uncertainties (such statements are usually accompanied by words such as "anticipate", expect", "would' or other similar words). Forward looking statements in this document are intended to provide CEMATRIX security holders and potential investors with information regarding CEMATRIX and its subsidiaries' future financial and operations plans and outlook. All forward looking statements reflect CEMATRIX's beliefs and assumptions based on information available at the time the statements were made. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on this forward looking information. CEMATRIX undertakes no obligation to update or revise forward looking information except as required by law. For additional information on the assumptions made and the risks and uncertainties which may cause actual results to differ from the anticipated results, refer the CEMATRIX's Management Discussion and Analysis dated November 14, 2012 under CEMATRIX's profile on SEDAR at www.sedar.com and other reports filed by CEMATRIX with Canadian securities regulators.
The Howard Group
(888) 221-0915 or (403) 221-0915
President and Chief Executive Officer
Latest Industry Press Releases
February 2014 Housing Starts in Prince Edward Island (2014-03-10)
February 2014 Housing Starts in St. John's (2014-03-10)
February 2014 Housing Starts in Halifax (2014-03-10)
February 2014 Housing Starts in New Brunswick (2014-03-10)
Superior Plus Announces March 2014 Cash Dividend (2014-03-06)
Retrocom REIT Announces 2013 Results (2014-03-06)
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 368 projects with a total value of $7,826,276,357 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Monday.
$110,000,000 Toronto ON Tenders
$70,000,000 Ottawa ON Prebid
$65,000,000 Brampton ON Tenders
- CCA96th: Construction on the Panama Canal Expansion
- CCA96th: Unlocking Canada's Potential
- Break ground beyond Canada, says new CCA chair
- Construction of Haiti’s Ecole Lakay drives forward
- The power of proper project management
- Panama Construction Fact for Today
- Federal government unveils $32.5 million in funding for Quebec ice oval
- Canadian job market “sputters” in February
- Construction and machinery to see increased investment, says StatsCan
- Line 3 pipeline plans for Enbridge
- VIDEO: Construction on the Panama Canal expansion
- Break ground beyond Canada, says new CCA chair
- Construction of Haiti's Ecole Lakay drives forward
- Concerns raised about P3 approach for Saskatchewan schools
- Manitoba focuses on infrastructure spending in budget
- Team work and prep are keys to success: Hadfield
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of March 10th, 2014
- Panama Canal expansion digs deep
- Wood Design Awards
- Outgoing chair reflects on time at the helm of the CCA
- School board asks for traditional procurement
- Site Services in Vancouver
- Looking to improve contract awards
- Environmental verdict riles Taseko
- Prentice to mediate First Nations agreements
- CAWIC funded to create action plan to attract women
- More video surveillance used on construction sites
- Modular workforce housing meets Alberta Building Code standard
- Manitoba outlines infrastructure plan
- BC Hydro posts RFQ for Site C project