Construction/Building — November 7, 2012Goodfellow Inc. Announces Changes to its Board of Directors
DELSON, QUEBEC--(Marketwire - Nov. 7, 2012) - The Board of Directors of Goodfellow Inc. (TSX:GDL) announced today that Mr. Claude Garcia will be appointed as Chairman of the Board effective immediately. Mr. Garcia was the President and CEO in Canada of The Standard Life Assurance Company and associated companies for more than 20 years. He has numerous directorships in publicly traded companies and has proven to be a resourceful director during the last 7 years with Goodfellow. Mr. Garcia replaces Mr. Stephen Jarislowsky who acted as Chairman for over 20 years. Mr. Jarislowsky will remain a director of the Company as Honorary Chairman and will stand for election at the next Annual General Meeting of the Shareholders.
Furthermore, Mr. Normand Morin, an independent director, will be appointed as Chairman of the Audit Committee effective immediately. Mr. Morin was elected as director at the last Annual General Meeting of the Shareholders. He is currently a director at Canam Group Inc. and GLV Inc.
Goodfellow's shares are traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (ticker symbol: GDL).
President and CEO
Latest Industry Press Releases
Superior Plus Announces December 2013 Cash Dividend (2013-12-05)
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- Construction begins on 1.5-kilometre western portion of Mississauga transitway
- OCOT consultation comes to a halt over possible bias
- Mandatory safety training kicks in next year
- Tunnelling of the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension completed
- P3s put a jolt in electricity infrastructure
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 321 projects with a total value of $20,605,386,875 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$500,000,000 Province of Ontario ON Prebid
$139,300,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$67,650,000 Toronto ON Prebid
- NTCCC takes to Parliament Hill tomorrow
- Emerald Park Progress
- “Super beam” installed in Montreal Champlain Bridge repair
- Is there energy gold to be mined in sewage processing?
- Ottawa LRT tunnel boring machines named
- Better transportation key to quality of life, states CivicAction
- Three World Cup stadiums behind schedule
- Ontario introduces legislation to help protect vulnerable workers
- Istanbul’s Grand Bazaar inspires design of new strip mall currently being built in Las Vegas
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 9th, 2013
- Building the One
- New design-build contracts released
- Sales tax transition has been a mixed bag for industry
- Taseko files for judicial review of gold mine assessment
- Contract uncertainty and price escalation
- Edmonton college expansion moves ahead
- Council of Construction Associations names Dave Baspaly as new president
- $100 million added to Calgary's capital budget
- Massive investment will complete Kitimat smelter project
- Manitoba invests $45 million
- Corruption charge in probe of SNC-Lavalin