Real Estate — November 5, 2012Lower Demand for Housing in Kitchener-Guelph
TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Nov. 5, 2012) - The Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) released its Fall Housing Market Outlook report for the Kitchener-Cambridge-Waterloo (KCW) and Guelph Census Metropolitan Areas (CMAs) today. Demand for both resale homes and new homes will decline in 2013 in both markets. Prices in the resale home market will be stable in 2013 in KCW and Guelph.
"Demand for resale homes from both first-time and repeat buyers will decline slightly in 2013 as the slow pace of economic growth, global financial uncertainty and less accommodating mortgage market conditions temper sales. Despite sales volumes dropping on an annual basis, improving economic conditions and stable home prices will support housing demand by the second half of 2013," said Erica McLerie, CMHC Senior Market Analyst for the KCW and Guelph CMAs.
As Canada's national housing agency, CMHC draws on more than 65 years of experience to help Canadians access a variety of quality, environmentally sustainable and affordable housing solutions. CMHC also provides reliable, impartial and up-to-date housing market reports, analysis and knowledge to support and assist consumers and the housing industry in making informed decisions.
For more information, visit www.cmhc.ca or call 1 800 668-2642.
(Ce document existe également en français)
Latest Industry Press Releases
Superior Plus Announces December 2013 Cash Dividend (2013-12-05)
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- Construction begins on 1.5-kilometre western portion of Mississauga transitway
- OCOT consultation comes to a halt over possible bias
- Mandatory safety training kicks in next year
- Tunnelling of the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension completed
- P3s put a jolt in electricity infrastructure
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 321 projects with a total value of $20,605,386,875 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$500,000,000 Province of Ontario ON Prebid
$139,300,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$67,650,000 Toronto ON Prebid
- NTCCC takes to Parliament Hill tomorrow
- Emerald Park Progress
- “Super beam” installed in Montreal Champlain Bridge repair
- Is there energy gold to be mined in sewage processing?
- Ottawa LRT tunnel boring machines named
- Better transportation key to quality of life, states CivicAction
- Three World Cup stadiums behind schedule
- Ontario introduces legislation to help protect vulnerable workers
- Istanbul’s Grand Bazaar inspires design of new strip mall currently being built in Las Vegas
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 9th, 2013
- Building the One
- New design-build contracts released
- Sales tax transition has been a mixed bag for industry
- Taseko files for judicial review of gold mine assessment
- Contract uncertainty and price escalation
- Edmonton college expansion moves ahead
- Council of Construction Associations names Dave Baspaly as new president
- $100 million added to Calgary's capital budget
- Massive investment will complete Kitimat smelter project
- Manitoba invests $45 million
- Corruption charge in probe of SNC-Lavalin