Visit Green Building at Journal of Commerce
December 10, 2013
An eco-friendly building rating system that has powered a green arms race across the nation now faces a challenge from policymakers and an upstart rival.
December 2, 2013
The International Federation of Consulting Engineers (FIDIC) and the European Federation of Engineering Consultancy Associations (EFCA) have released a new set of practical guides for use by those involved in developing infrastructure.
November 12, 2013
In a few weeks, approximately 30,000 people from all over the world will descend upon the city of Philadelphia for the Greenbuild International Conference & Expo, which features three days of extensive educational programming, workshops and showcases of the latest green products and services.
November 6, 2013
The provincial government plans to create green bonds to finance environmentally friendly infrastructure projects across Ontario, including transit projects.
November 5, 2013
RBC and B+H Architects have announced the launch of the second annual Evolve Sustainable Design Competition for university students in Canada. This year, Evolve challenges student teams to design a net-zero energy and water-wise sports institute.
October 29, 2013
Construction will begin this fall on a Haldimand County solar project that its developers say will be Canada’s largest.
October 2, 2013
The Canada Green Building Council (CaGBC) will display over 4,000 LEED projects front and centre as part of World Green Building Week which runs from Sept. 16-20.
October 1, 2013
The Toronto Green Standard has been updated to include higher energy conservation targets for new buildings.
September 19, 2013
Target’s move into Canada aims to be a greener one, as the giant U.S. company announced that 44 additional Canadian locations have been awarded LEED certification.
September 13, 2013
The six-acre solar rooftop project on top of a Vine Fresh Produce Ltd. greenhouse is an eyeopener under Ontario’s Green Energy Act, according to a specialist in the solar power industry.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- Construction begins on 1.5-kilometre western portion of Mississauga transitway
- Tunnelling of the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension completed
- P3s put a jolt in electricity infrastructure
- OCOT consultation comes to a halt over possible bias
- “Super beam” installed in Montreal Champlain Bridge repair
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 331 projects with a total value of $3,875,502,154 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Monday.
$2,200,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$125,000,000 Scarborough ON Prebid
$49,900,000 Toronto ON Prebid
- P3s can support Canadian resource development
- Parking culture shift can influence transit use and development, says expert panel
- What will it take to improve infrastructure?
- NRC unveils four new research programs
- Water-treatment plant planned for Manitoba’s CentrePort area
- RCMP make another arrest in connection with its SNC-Lavalin probe
- United States green construction arms race heats up
- Nova Scotia to ban importation of waste water from shale gas fracking
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 9th, 2013
- Building the One
- New design-build contracts released
- Sales tax transition has been a mixed bag for industry
- Taseko files for judicial review of gold mine assessment
- Contract uncertainty and price escalation
- Edmonton college expansion moves ahead
- Council of Construction Associations names Dave Baspaly as new president
- $100 million added to Calgary's capital budget
- Massive investment will complete Kitimat smelter project
- Manitoba invests $45 million
- Corruption charge in probe of SNC-Lavalin