Visit Green Building at Journal of Commerce
March 6, 2014
There were a total of 574 Canadian projects that received LEED certification in 2013, the highest in any prior years, according to the Canadian Green Building Council (CaGBC).
February 7, 2014
The introduction of LEED v4 will take green building to the next level, announced the Canada Green Building Council (CaGBC).
February 7, 2014
The U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) has announced the 50,000th LEED-certified green housing unit has been reached.
January 15, 2014
After working on the construction of LEED-certified buildings for many years, Ottawa-based Pomerleau has decided to apply sustainable development criteria to its own offices.
January 9, 2014
Green building industry pioneer and professional engineer Stephen Carpenter, founder of Enermodal Engineering, has been named a member of the Order of Canada.
January 6, 2014
The movement for healthier, high-performing buildings has reached a new milestone, as the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) issued the 20,000th LEED certification for a commercial project.
December 18, 2013
At PCL Constructors Canada Inc., LEED has paid dividends — and not just in terms of the bottom line.
December 13, 2013
The U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) has released the third and final installment of its LEED in Motion report series: Impacts and Innovation.
December 12, 2013
When a trio of LEED-accredited professionals conducted a seminar at the recent Construct Canada conference, one of the questions on the agenda was whether LEED Platinum is currently viable as a minimum standard for new construction projects.
December 10, 2013
An eco-friendly building rating system that has powered a green arms race across the nation now faces a challenge from policymakers and an upstart rival.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 433 projects with a total value of $3,210,413,882 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Thursday.
$210,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$110,000,000 Toronto ON Tenders
$51,500,000 Milton ON Negotiated
- VIDEO: LiUNA Local 183 Training Centre introduces new programs
- VIDEO: RCCAO Pre-Budget Roundtable on infrastructure
- Storied Burka Architects downsizes and transitions
- Learning Centre Construction
- Collaboration with industry important to workplace safety improvement: Witmer
- Robot-powered construction revolution
- Engineers design permanent flood protection for Calgary
- Inquest called into fatal Vecchio incident
- Infrastructure Ontario issues RFQ for Ontario Place construction
- Cisco picks Toronto for location of new innovation hub
- Concerns raised about P3 approach for Saskatchewan schools
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of March 10th, 2014
- PHOTO GALLERY: 2014 Wood Design Awards
- Wastewater treatment plant tops priority list
- Lone bidder prepares P3 proposal for Alberta schools
- Industry reacts as details emerge about job grant agreement
- Demand rising for Kitimat camps
- Open textbooks are key to skills training
- InPower BC awarded John Hart project contract
- Skills training investment in Manitoba
- Premier claims pact justifies need for $10 billion dam