January 18, 2013
Construction continues on Oakville, Ontario hospital
WILLIAM CONWAY/PROGRESS PHOTOGRAPHY
Concrete pumping continues on the new Oakville Hospital at Third Line and Dundas Street in Oakville, Ont.
EllisDon and Carillion Canada joint venture are general contractors for the project designed to meet LEED silver certification and completion is scheduled for summer 2015. The owner is Halton Healthcare Services and the owner’s representative is Infrastructure Ontario. The project includes four buildings that will be equipped with diagnostic imaging services, operating theatres, rehabilitation, outpatient programs, family rooms, lounges, space for 457 beds and a new main entrance. There will also be a six-level parking structure for 1,180 vehicles and surface parking.
The project was designed by Adamson Associates Architects and Parkin Architects Ltd. Consultants are: Stephenson Engineering and Read Jones Christoffersen Ltd. (structural); H.H. Angus & Associates Ltd. and Crossey Engineering Ltd. (mechanical) and Mulvey & Banani International Inc. (electrical).
Subtrades include: D’Orazio Infrastructure Group Ltd. (site services); Metric (excavation); Drillco Foundation Co. Ltd.; RES and Premform (formwork); Harris Rebar; Geo. A. Kelson (mechanical); Univex Canada Ltd. (electrical) and Otis Canada Inc. (elevators).
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- OPG $1 billion proposal to bury nuclear waste up for comment
- Proposed Ambassador Bridge twinning draws Windsor mayor’s ire
- Construction on pedestrian tunnel to Billy Bishop Airport continues to make progress
- Ontario prompt payment bill to get second reading today
- Call for action after MOL says workers are responsible for their own safety
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 316 projects with a total value of $2,787,806,637 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$90,000,000 Richmond Hill ON Prebid
$82,000,000 White River Twp ON Tenders
$40,650,000 Markham ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Economic Update May 21, 2013
- VIDEO: Competing in the trades
- New ETFO headquarters a benchmark design
- Viana steps up to rebuild burnt down playground
- Random drug testing about site safety, says expert
- Trying to define the “lowest price”
- High job vacancy rates for small business
- Minto to assist in zero energy housing project
- Construction Site Arson
- Historic church renovation reaches new heights
- Hiring of foreign workers for hospital project outrages union
- Festival of Architecture hits Halifax
- Winnipeg Southwest Transitway wins award
- Vendor performance is key measurement
- NDP leader spoke to police about corruption
- Big contract down under for ATCO Structures
- RFQ issued for Kamloops hospital project
|ALEX’S ECONOMICS BLOG|
Reed Construction Data Canada’s Chief Economist Alex Carrick discusses current developments in the North American economic environment with emphasis on the construction industry.
- An Overview of Prices and Sales in the Diverging U.S. and Canadian Housing Markets (April 25, 2013)
- Canada’s Precarious Dependence on the Commodity Price Super-Cycle (April 22, 2013)
- Twenty major upcoming residential and transportation terminal construction projects - April 2013 (April 15, 2013)