LATEST NEWS O H & S
January 14, 2013
HHCA construction forecast event Jan. 17
The Hamilton-Halton Construction Association (HHCA) is hosting its second annual construction forecast seminar Jan. 17 at the Waterfront Banquet & Conference Centre in Hamilton.
Association general manager Sandy Alyman said panelists will discuss construction market conditions moving forward into 2013 and beyond with details regarding development, construction and infrastructure investment in Ontario and the Greater Toronto Area.
“We like to start the year off with information regarding market conditions locally and globally and also provide an opportunity for members to hear from the buyers of construction about upcoming projects that will be going out to tender,” she said.
Speakers are: Mark Casaletto, vice-president and general manager, Reed Construction Data Canada; Neil Everson, director of economic development at the City of Hamilton; Jason Schmidt-Shoukri, chief building official with the City of Burlington; and Ron Taylor, chief real estate planning and development officer at Mohawk College. The registration fee is $40.00 plus taxes for HHCA members and $60.00 plus taxes for non-members.
DCN NEWS SERVICES
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- OPG $1 billion proposal to bury nuclear waste up for comment
- Proposed Ambassador Bridge twinning draws Windsor mayor’s ire
- Construction on pedestrian tunnel to Billy Bishop Airport continues to make progress
- Ontario prompt payment bill to get second reading today
- Call for action after MOL says workers are responsible for their own safety
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 316 projects with a total value of $2,787,806,637 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$90,000,000 Richmond Hill ON Prebid
$82,000,000 White River Twp ON Tenders
$40,650,000 Markham ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Economic Update May 21, 2013
- VIDEO: Competing in the trades
- New ETFO headquarters a benchmark design
- Viana steps up to rebuild burnt down playground
- Random drug testing about site safety, says expert
- Trying to define the “lowest price”
- High job vacancy rates for small business
- Minto to assist in zero energy housing project
- Construction Site Arson
- Historic church renovation reaches new heights
- Hiring of foreign workers for hospital project outrages union
- Festival of Architecture hits Halifax
- Winnipeg Southwest Transitway wins award
- Vendor performance is key measurement
- NDP leader spoke to police about corruption
- Big contract down under for ATCO Structures
- RFQ issued for Kamloops hospital project
|ALEX’S ECONOMICS BLOG|
Reed Construction Data Canada’s Chief Economist Alex Carrick discusses current developments in the North American economic environment with emphasis on the construction industry.
- An Overview of Prices and Sales in the Diverging U.S. and Canadian Housing Markets (April 25, 2013)
- Canada’s Precarious Dependence on the Commodity Price Super-Cycle (April 22, 2013)
- Twenty major upcoming residential and transportation terminal construction projects - April 2013 (April 15, 2013)