LATEST NEWS O H & S
January 14, 2013
HHCA construction forecast event Jan. 17
The Hamilton-Halton Construction Association (HHCA) is hosting its second annual construction forecast seminar Jan. 17 at the Waterfront Banquet & Conference Centre in Hamilton.
Association general manager Sandy Alyman said panelists will discuss construction market conditions moving forward into 2013 and beyond with details regarding development, construction and infrastructure investment in Ontario and the Greater Toronto Area.
“We like to start the year off with information regarding market conditions locally and globally and also provide an opportunity for members to hear from the buyers of construction about upcoming projects that will be going out to tender,” she said.
Speakers are: Mark Casaletto, vice-president and general manager, Reed Construction Data Canada; Neil Everson, director of economic development at the City of Hamilton; Jason Schmidt-Shoukri, chief building official with the City of Burlington; and Ron Taylor, chief real estate planning and development officer at Mohawk College. The registration fee is $40.00 plus taxes for HHCA members and $60.00 plus taxes for non-members.
DCN NEWS SERVICES
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 486 projects with a total value of $2,338,414,566 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$100,000,000 Markham ON Prebid
$88,425,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$78,480,000 Scarborough ON Prebid
- CCA96th: Construction on the Panama Canal Expansion
- Teamwork and prep key to success: Hadfield
- Wood lobby shoring up support for building code changes
- Palace in the Making
- Panama Construction Fact for Today
- Barometer reading points toward optimistic prospects
- Energy East Project one step closer to approval
- LNG plant project in Nova Scotia gets green light from environmental panel
- International Holcim Awards now accepting applicants
- CEA releases prevention recommendations for copper theft
- INFOGRAPHIC: 2013 Western Canadian Construction starts
- VIDEO: Construction on the Panama Canal expansion
- Manitoba focuses on infrastructure spending in budget
- Concerns raised about P3 approach for Saskatchewan schools
- Team work and prep are keys to success: Hadfield
- Panama Canal expansion digs deep
- Fort McMurray baseball field construction
- Alberta budget using debt to fund construction
- Manitoba Budget 2014 focuses on infrastructure spending
- The robot-powered construction revolution
- Skilled labour needs evolving in Saskatchewan
- Western cities expected to lead the charge for growth in 2014
- New trades training facility at Camosun College