LATEST NEWS Concrete
December 31, 2012
The following are just some construction industry members whose passing DCN was made aware of during 2012.
John Zigarlick, chairman of Nuna Logisitcs Limited passes away December 2011. He is remembered for the pioneering spirit he demonstrated in 1980 in the concept, planning and execution of placing Echo Bay’s Lupin gold mine into production.
Allan Bennett, former Vancouver Regional Construction Association president, passes away Jan. 20. He was association president from 1983 to 1993.
Thomas Sullivan, 80, passes away Jan. 14. In 2008, Sullivan received the Jock Tindale Memorial Award from the Ontario General Contractors Association, which recognized his integrity and long commitment to high standards in the industry.
Paul Richer, 64, passes away May 10. Richer of PCL Constructors had a long and successful career in the construction industry in Toronto. Richer was honoured by the Toronto Construction Association in 2011 with their Directors’ Honour Roll award.
Rigo Collavino, 85, co-founder of Collavino Brothers Construction and Prestressed Systems Inc., passes away July 4. In 2011 he was named a “Titan of the Precast Industry” by the Canadian Precast Concrete Institute.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 368 projects with a total value of $7,826,276,357 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Monday.
$110,000,000 Toronto ON Tenders
$70,000,000 Ottawa ON Prebid
$65,000,000 Brampton ON Tenders
- CCA96th: Construction on the Panama Canal Expansion
- Teamwork and prep key to success: Hadfield
- Wood lobby shoring up support for building code changes
- Palace in the Making
- Panama Construction Fact for Today
- Barometer reading points toward optimistic prospects
- Energy East Project one step closer to approval
- LNG plant project in Nova Scotia gets green light from environmental panel
- International Holcim Awards now accepting applicants
- CEA releases prevention recommendations for copper theft
- INFOGRAPHIC: 2013 Western Canadian Construction starts
- VIDEO: Construction on the Panama Canal expansion
- Manitoba focuses on infrastructure spending in budget
- Concerns raised about P3 approach for Saskatchewan schools
- Team work and prep are keys to success: Hadfield
- Panama Canal expansion digs deep
- Fort McMurray baseball field construction
- Alberta budget using debt to fund construction
- Manitoba Budget 2014 focuses on infrastructure spending
- The robot-powered construction revolution
- Skilled labour needs evolving in Saskatchewan
- Western cities expected to lead the charge for growth in 2014
- New trades training facility at Camosun College