LATEST NEWS Green Building
December 31, 2012
York Region transit facility build begins
Construction began recently on a new transit service facility in Richmond Hill, Ont.
The facility will be used to maintain and store York Region Transit/Viva transit vehicles, and will be built near Leslie Street and 16th Avenue in the Headford Business Park. This state-of-the-art facility includes energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly features and will be built to meet LEED Silver certification.
The total construction cost is approximately $132 million. The Government of Canada is contributing approximately $57 million, the Regional Municipality of York is providing $57 million and the Province of Ontario is providing $18 million.
The construction of the facility is part of a larger project that includes the purchase of 39 bus rapid transit vehicles and the construction of Cornell Terminal in the Town of Markham. The total estimated cost for this project is $170 million, with the federal government committing up to $85 million through the Canada Strategic Infrastructure Fund.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 387 projects with a total value of $7,314,102,807 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$150,000,000 Whitby ON Tenders
$100,000,000 Brampton ON Prebid
$66,000,000 Peterborough ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Construct Canada 2013 CEO Power Breakfast
- LEED Platinum should be for top-tier projects: panel
- Lakeview HLPS Project
- Contractors need to carefully plan for projects, recommends lawyer panel
- Montreal rail junction realignment completed in tight window
- Toronto housing not cooling off, says BMO
- OCOT review panel objections still open until tomorrow
- Canadian hiring expected to remain stable: survey
- Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 16th, 2013
- New Westminster Development
- Natural gas generating facilities planned
- Refinery costs jump by $2.8 billion
- Employers must be aware of liability at holiday office parties
- New charges needed for infrastructure
- Skills Training at BCIT
- Auditor generals weigh in on value of P3s
- Low lead requirements kicking in next year
- Mental heath and workplace psychology must be addressed
- Edmonton International Airport mall takes shape
- University of Winnipeg building an apartment complex