LATEST NEWS Roadbuilding
December 5, 2012
Plans for new N.B. bridge
SAINT LOUIS-DE-KENT, N.B.
The 69-year-old Saint Louis-de-Kent Bridge in Kent County, N.B. will be replaced with a 200-metre-long structure.
Nearing the end of its serviceable life, the bridge has had a weight restriction of five tonnes since September 2011.
The new bridge will be built next to the existing one and will be higher due to a predicted rise in the sea level. More details will be released once funding is approved.
New Brunswick transportation and infrastructure minister Claude Williams said the location of a nearby historic religious shrine will be taken into consideration.
DCN NEWS SERVICES
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- OPG $1 billion proposal to bury nuclear waste up for comment
- New ETFO headquarters a benchmark design
- Proposed Ambassador Bridge twinning draws Windsor mayor’s ire
- Ontario prompt payment bill to get second reading today
- Construction on pedestrian tunnel to Billy Bishop Airport continues to make progress
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 470 projects with a total value of $6,376,918,947 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$104,727,250 Toronto ON Tenders
$50,000,000 Markham ON Tenders
$25,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Economic Update May 21, 2013
- Future tradespeople put to the test
- Ontario raiding season closes with a thud
- Bird flags challenges in Canadian construction
- Ontario commits to Hwy. 427 expansion
- GO Transit to build new maintenance facility in East Gwillimbury
- Ancient First Nations site damaged during work by BC Hydro
- Federal NDP leader speaks to police 'to help' with Quebec corruption probe
- Construction Site Arson
- Historic church renovation reaches new heights
- Hiring of foreign workers for hospital project outrages union
- Festival of Architecture hits Halifax
- Acetylene torch explosion causes significant damage
- Winnipeg Southwest Transitway wins award
- Vendor performance is key measurement
- NDP leader spoke to police about corruption
- Big contract down under for ATCO Structures
- RFQ issued for Kamloops hospital project
|ALEX’S ECONOMICS BLOG|
Reed Construction Data Canada’s Chief Economist Alex Carrick discusses current developments in the North American economic environment with emphasis on the construction industry.
- An Overview of Prices and Sales in the Diverging U.S. and Canadian Housing Markets (April 25, 2013)
- Canada’s Precarious Dependence on the Commodity Price Super-Cycle (April 22, 2013)
- Twenty major upcoming residential and transportation terminal construction projects - April 2013 (April 15, 2013)