November 28, 2012
Mechanical contractors association recognizes outstanding contributors
The Mechanical Contractors Association of Canada (MCAC) recognized contributions by a number of individuals and companies at its 2012 annual national conference in Maui, including a Calgary-based firm.
At a Hawaiian-themed breakfast, chair Brad Diggens presented awards to two member companies that have been in business for a century: Anderson Plumbing Company Ltd of Calgary, a family owned and operated firm; and H. Griffiths Company Ltd. of Woodbridge, Ont.
“One hundred years in business is an incredible achievement and well worthy of recognition,” said Diggens, president of MJS Mechanical Ltd., which is based out of Calgary.
The Lloyd McLean Memorial Award, which recognizes outstanding contributions to the association, was presented to Bob Hoare, founder of Adelt Mechanical Works of Mississauga and the current chair of the National Trade Contractors Coalition of Canada.
The Gary Greig Memorial Award, which honours efforts to ensuring the success of the annual national conference, went to Victaulic, the first company rather than an individual to receive the award.
The recipient of the association’s life membership award was Mel Prowse, a former chair of the MCAC and a former president of H. Griffiths and Company.
Diggens also recognized a number of organizations that have contributed to Operation Eyesight, which funds drilling of wells and water points in Zambia.
Also at the event, Scott Grobel, chair of the Mechanical Service Contractors of Canada (MSCC), recognized six companies that have achieved MSCC certified contractor designation under a program launched last year.
The MCAC represents close to 1,000 companies across the country.
It held its 71st annual national conference Nov. 12 to 15 at the Hyatt Regency Maui.
JOC NEWS SERVICE
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 368 projects with a total value of $3,815,938,763 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$66,266,122 Toronto ON Tenders
$32,000,000 Waterloo ON Negotiated
$25,705,000 Toronto ON Prebid
- $700 million raised for GTA cricket stadium
- Hamilton’s Gore Park makeover underway
- Chazy Glass Work
- What is key in contractor and supplier relations?
- New Brunswick to invest in Loyalist House
- Greco Aluminum Railings secures railing system work in New Jersey
- Nova Scotia issues tender to replace earthen dyke
- Bouygues Energies & Services acquires Plan Group
- Journal of Commerce to launch new website
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of 21st, 2014
- Apprentices square off at B.C. boilermaker competition
- Report urges WorkSafeBC to overhaul the way it investigates
- Vancouver Island landmark undergoing major renovations
- Creation of a free trade zone within Canada being explored
- RFP process brings heavy demands
- False Creek's New Beginning
- European apprenticeships examined
- Kenney sees harmonized training progress
- Nunavut deep sea port seen as important to Arctic