November 22, 2012
WILLIAM CONWAY/PROGRESS PHOTOGRAPHY
Work progresses on the Eglinton-Scarborough Crosstown LRT - West Launch Area on Eglinton Ave. between Black Creek Dr. and Bicknell Ave. in Toronto, Ont.
General contractor Kenaidan Contracting Ltd. began the work in June 2011 and completion is expected December 2012 for owner Metrolinx c/o Toronto Transit Commission.
The project includes construction of a launch shaft into the profile of a hill beneath Eglinton Ave. and the construction of a contiguous caisson wall to permit the excavation of a 60-metre-long x 20-metre-wide x 17-metre-deep access shaft for the TBM (tunnel boring machine).
The project represents the first phase of an $8.2 billion transit expansion program. Consultants are Transit City Group, Aecom, IBI Group and Transit Expansion Department. Subcontractors include: H & S Equipment (792873 Ontario Ltd.); Bermingham Construction Ltd. (shoring/caissons); Harris Rebar, a division of Harris Steel LLC; Outspan Concrete Structures Ltd. (formwork); Coreslab Structures (Ont.) Inc. (precast deck planks); Ontario Redimix, a division of Holcim (Canada) Inc.; Clearway Construction Inc. (site services); T.P.L. Construction Ltd. (electrical); Gazzola Paving Ltd. and Insitu (dewatering consultant).
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- OPG $1 billion proposal to bury nuclear waste up for comment
- Proposed Ambassador Bridge twinning draws Windsor mayor’s ire
- Construction on pedestrian tunnel to Billy Bishop Airport continues to make progress
- Ontario prompt payment bill to get second reading today
- Call for action after MOL says workers are responsible for their own safety
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 316 projects with a total value of $2,787,806,637 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$90,000,000 Richmond Hill ON Prebid
$82,000,000 White River Twp ON Tenders
$40,650,000 Markham ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Economic Update May 21, 2013
- VIDEO: Competing in the trades
- New ETFO headquarters a benchmark design
- Viana steps up to rebuild burnt down playground
- Random drug testing about site safety, says expert
- Trying to define the “lowest price”
- High job vacancy rates for small business
- Minto to assist in zero energy housing project
- Construction Site Arson
- Historic church renovation reaches new heights
- Hiring of foreign workers for hospital project outrages union
- Festival of Architecture hits Halifax
- Winnipeg Southwest Transitway wins award
- Vendor performance is key measurement
- NDP leader spoke to police about corruption
- Big contract down under for ATCO Structures
- RFQ issued for Kamloops hospital project
|ALEX’S ECONOMICS BLOG|
Reed Construction Data Canada’s Chief Economist Alex Carrick discusses current developments in the North American economic environment with emphasis on the construction industry.
- An Overview of Prices and Sales in the Diverging U.S. and Canadian Housing Markets (April 25, 2013)
- Canada’s Precarious Dependence on the Commodity Price Super-Cycle (April 22, 2013)
- Twenty major upcoming residential and transportation terminal construction projects - April 2013 (April 15, 2013)