November 22, 2012
WILLIAM CONWAY/PROGRESS PHOTOGRAPHY
Work progresses on the Eglinton-Scarborough Crosstown LRT - West Launch Area on Eglinton Ave. between Black Creek Dr. and Bicknell Ave. in Toronto, Ont.
General contractor Kenaidan Contracting Ltd. began the work in June 2011 and completion is expected December 2012 for owner Metrolinx c/o Toronto Transit Commission.
The project includes construction of a launch shaft into the profile of a hill beneath Eglinton Ave. and the construction of a contiguous caisson wall to permit the excavation of a 60-metre-long x 20-metre-wide x 17-metre-deep access shaft for the TBM (tunnel boring machine).
The project represents the first phase of an $8.2 billion transit expansion program. Consultants are Transit City Group, Aecom, IBI Group and Transit Expansion Department. Subcontractors include: H & S Equipment (792873 Ontario Ltd.); Bermingham Construction Ltd. (shoring/caissons); Harris Rebar, a division of Harris Steel LLC; Outspan Concrete Structures Ltd. (formwork); Coreslab Structures (Ont.) Inc. (precast deck planks); Ontario Redimix, a division of Holcim (Canada) Inc.; Clearway Construction Inc. (site services); T.P.L. Construction Ltd. (electrical); Gazzola Paving Ltd. and Insitu (dewatering consultant).
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 527 projects with a total value of $1,552,331,732 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$120,000,000 Oakville ON Tenders
$48,225,000 Etobicoke ON Prebid
$40,000,000 Ottawa ON Negotiated
- CCA96th: Unlocking Canada's Potential
- VIDEO: LiUNA Local 183 Training Centre introduces new programs
- Wins delivered on infrastructure front: Rizzardo
- Behind the Velodrome’s Veil
- Ontario’s prompt payment bill needs work but supported
- Southwest L-evation
- Post-bid clarifications make feds liable for bid repair
- Panama Construction Fact for Today
- Ritchie Bros. hold first Canadian auction of 2014
- Skilled labour needs changing in Saskatchewan
- Quebec’s construction momentum ebbs after 15 years of expansion
- VIDEO: Canadian Construction Association conference Panama preview
- Concerns raised about P3 approach for Saskatchewan schools
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of March 10th, 2014
- Wood Design Awards
- Lone bidder prepares P3 proposal for Alberta schools
- Outgoing chair reflects on time at the helm of the CCA
- School board asks for traditional procurement
- Site Services in Vancouver
- Looking to improve contract awards
- Environmental verdict riles Taseko
- Prentice to mediate First Nations agreements
- CAWIC funded to create action plan to attract women
- More video surveillance used on construction sites
- Modular workforce housing meets Alberta Building Code standard
- Manitoba outlines infrastructure plan
- BC Hydro posts RFQ for Site C project