November 20, 2012
ADF Group Inc. approves plan to build structural steel fabrication complex in Montana
The board of directors of ADF Group Inc. has approved an estimated US$24 million plan to build a new 9,290-square-metre structural steel fabrication complex on 100 acres of industrial land located in Great Falls in the state of Montana.
Under its U.S. subsidiary banner, ADF International Inc., the corporation will be operating by the second half of 2013 its new fabrication plant which will be equipped with state-of-the-art equipment, similar to those at its Terrebonne fabrication plant. The annual fabrication capacity of this new plant is estimated at more than 25,000 tons.
Adjacent to its new facility, ADF will set-up a large structural steel fabrication and pre-assembly yard, which the company said will provide an important competitive edge to “rapidly and effectively” serve new sectors and fast growing markets.
In addition to broadening its geographic footprint westward, this strategic investment will also give ADF access to the U.S. public infrastructure market segment.
“During the past months, we have studied many other sites to set-up a second plant and we have chosen Great Falls for its strategic geographic location,” said Jean Paschini, chairman of the ADF board and chief executive officer.
“Situated at 160 kilometres from Alberta’s border, the city of Great Falls will allow ADF to pursue its development both in Canada and the United States. “
ADF said the work on the yard’s infrastructure and the groundbreaking on the construction of the new facility are set for the spring of 2013. Other expansion phases at this new facility could be considered in future years, as demands grow.
ADF Group Inc. is a North American leader in the design and engineering of connections, fabrication and installation of complex steel structures, heavy steel built-ups as well as in miscellaneous and architectural metals for the nonresidential construction industry.
DCN NEWS SERVICES
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 368 projects with a total value of $3,815,938,763 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$66,266,122 Toronto ON Tenders
$32,000,000 Waterloo ON Negotiated
$25,705,000 Toronto ON Prebid
- $700 million raised for GTA cricket stadium
- Hamilton’s Gore Park makeover underway
- Chazy Glass Work
- What is key in contractor and supplier relations?
- New Brunswick to invest in Loyalist House
- Greco Aluminum Railings secures railing system work in New Jersey
- Nova Scotia issues tender to replace earthen dyke
- Bouygues Energies & Services acquires Plan Group
- Journal of Commerce to launch new website
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of 21st, 2014
- Apprentices square off at B.C. boilermaker competition
- Report urges WorkSafeBC to overhaul the way it investigates
- Vancouver Island landmark undergoing major renovations
- Creation of a free trade zone within Canada being explored
- RFP process brings heavy demands
- False Creek's New Beginning
- European apprenticeships examined
- Kenney sees harmonized training progress
- Nunavut deep sea port seen as important to Arctic