November 20, 2012
Darcon works on Liberty Development World on Yonge project in Thornhill, Ontario
HOWARD MANDEL/APERTURE IMAGING
Glass work is underway on one of the towers at the World on Yonge residential and commercial development at Yonge Street and Steeles Avenue in Thornhill, Ont.
The owner is Liberty Development Corp. and general contractor is Darcon Inc. The project designed to meet LEED silver certification includes two condominium towers with a podium and underground parking, retail space, a boutique hotel, and an office tower.
The project was designed by Kirkor Architects and Planners. Interior designers are Smith Grimley Harris Design (office) and Hefele Makowka Design Associates (condos). Consultants include: Able Engineering (mechanical/electrical) and Fluent Group Consulting Inc. (LEED). Subcontractors include: Dufferin Concrete; Verdi Alliance; Village Masonry; University Plumbing & Heating; OZZ Electric Inc. and Alliance Waterproofing Ltd.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 333 projects with a total value of $13,209,890,621 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Thursday.
$150,000,000 Toronto ON Negotiated
$35,000,000 Chatham ON Negotiated
$26,000,000 Sudbury ON Tenders
- Potential hiring quotas overshadow infrastructure act
- GO Green
- P3 mega bridges require mega planning
- New charges needed for infrastructure
- Karakatsanis one of Canada’s powerful women
- Gerard McDonald new Professional Engineers Ontario registrar
- Oshawa urban design awards nominations open
- U.S. construction spending hits highest level in four years
- Amount of leased industrial/retail and office properties increases
- Residential sales in the GTA on the rise
- Tunnelling of the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension completed
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 9th, 2013
- Vandals cause nearly $250,000 in water damage
- Construction cut back in latest B.C. budget update
- Alberta and Manitoba led the pack for labour productivity
- Feds infrastructure commitment re-affirmed
- Infrastructure impacted by climate change
- West End Residential rises
- Changing procurement impacts felt
- Aurora LNG files export bid
- New Brunswick premier touts pipeline jobs