LATEST NEWS Professional Services
October 17, 2012
$206 million Toronto 2015 Pan Am Games contract signed
Ontario Sports Solutions, a team that includes Bouygues Building Canada Inc. / Kenaidan Contracting Ltd., has signed a $206 million contract to design, build and finance various venues for the Toronto 2015 Pan Am Games.
These include the city of Hamilton’s soccer stadium, the town of Milton’s velodrome, York University’s stadium, and the city of Toronto’s tracks at the Toronto Track and Field Centre, Birchmount Park Stadium and Centennial Park Stadium.
The total project budget will include the final design, build and finance contract as well as transaction fees and other ancillary costs that are being finalized.
The Ontario Sports Solutions team includes: developer Bouygues Building Canada Inc. / Kenaidan Contracting Ltd.; designers Cannon Design / Faulkner Browns Architects / Arup and contractors Bouygues Building Canada Inc. / Kenaidan Contracting Ltd.
Infrastructure Ontario said construction of Hamilton’s soccer stadium and York University’s athletics stadium will begin late in 2012. Construction of Milton’s velodrome will start in early 2013 and the Toronto tracks development will begin in summer 2014.
During the peak of construction at these venues, it is estimated that more than 700 workers will employed.
Infrastructure Ontario announced the contract award on behalf of TO2015, the government of Canada, province of Ontario, city of Hamilton, city of Toronto, town of Milton and York University.
DCN NEWS SERVICES
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- Concrete parking building repairs could save costs
- New Pickering airport to help move growing population
- Pink crane a beacon of awareness at St. Joseph’s
- McMaster’s Health Sciences Campus a Gold Seal project
- SNC-Lavalin hopes Algeria police raid will help to shed light on wrong
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 457 projects with a total value of $2,805,994,117 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Monday.
$50,000,000 Brantford ON Prebid
$49,850,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$38,500,000 Scarborough ON Prebid
- Builders stack cans to topple hunger
- MTO unveils new methods for road work
- Price combined with criteria, wins bids
- Water protection needed for building envelope
- Students strut their best at Skills Canada
- OTA keeps on trucking for road funding
- Dessau CEO Jean Pierre Sauriol quits in wake of corruption scandal
- Journal of Commerce Update for the week of June 17th, 2013
- ERCB investigates Zama City, Alta pipeline spill
- Industrial headquarters opens in Nisku, Alta.
- Public protection site safety plan required with permit application
- Sprinkler fitters reach agreement after strike
- Understanding authority levels
- Federal project apprentices discussed
- Pushing for accountability in safety
- Acquisition targets LNG
|ALEX’S ECONOMICS BLOG|
Reed Construction Data Canada’s Chief Economist Alex Carrick discusses current developments in the North American economic environment with emphasis on the construction industry.
- An Overview of Prices and Sales in the Diverging U.S. and Canadian Housing Markets (April 25, 2013)
- Canada’s Precarious Dependence on the Commodity Price Super-Cycle (April 22, 2013)
- Twenty major upcoming residential and transportation terminal construction projects - April 2013 (April 15, 2013)