LATEST NEWS Professional Services
October 17, 2012
$206 million Toronto 2015 Pan Am Games contract signed
Ontario Sports Solutions, a team that includes Bouygues Building Canada Inc. / Kenaidan Contracting Ltd., has signed a $206 million contract to design, build and finance various venues for the Toronto 2015 Pan Am Games.
These include the city of Hamilton’s soccer stadium, the town of Milton’s velodrome, York University’s stadium, and the city of Toronto’s tracks at the Toronto Track and Field Centre, Birchmount Park Stadium and Centennial Park Stadium.
The total project budget will include the final design, build and finance contract as well as transaction fees and other ancillary costs that are being finalized.
The Ontario Sports Solutions team includes: developer Bouygues Building Canada Inc. / Kenaidan Contracting Ltd.; designers Cannon Design / Faulkner Browns Architects / Arup and contractors Bouygues Building Canada Inc. / Kenaidan Contracting Ltd.
Infrastructure Ontario said construction of Hamilton’s soccer stadium and York University’s athletics stadium will begin late in 2012. Construction of Milton’s velodrome will start in early 2013 and the Toronto tracks development will begin in summer 2014.
During the peak of construction at these venues, it is estimated that more than 700 workers will employed.
Infrastructure Ontario announced the contract award on behalf of TO2015, the government of Canada, province of Ontario, city of Hamilton, city of Toronto, town of Milton and York University.
DCN NEWS SERVICES
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 527 projects with a total value of $1,552,331,732 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$120,000,000 Oakville ON Tenders
$48,225,000 Etobicoke ON Prebid
$40,000,000 Ottawa ON Negotiated
- CCA96th: Unlocking Canada's Potential
- VIDEO: LiUNA Local 183 Training Centre introduces new programs
- Break ground beyond Canada, says new CCA chair
- Construction of Haiti’s Ecole Lakay drives forward
- The power of proper project management
- Panama Construction Fact for Today
- Federal government unveils $32.5 million in funding for Quebec ice oval
- Canadian job market “sputters” in February
- Construction and machinery to see increased investment, says StatsCan
- Line 3 pipeline plans for Enbridge
- Manitoba focuses on infrastructure spending in budget
- Concerns raised about P3 approach for Saskatchewan schools
- Team work and prep are keys to success: Hadfield
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of March 10th, 2014
- Panama Canal expansion digs deep
- Wood Design Awards
- Outgoing chair reflects on time at the helm of the CCA
- School board asks for traditional procurement
- Site Services in Vancouver
- Looking to improve contract awards
- Environmental verdict riles Taseko
- Prentice to mediate First Nations agreements
- CAWIC funded to create action plan to attract women
- More video surveillance used on construction sites
- Modular workforce housing meets Alberta Building Code standard
- Manitoba outlines infrastructure plan
- BC Hydro posts RFQ for Site C project