LATEST NEWS Roadbuilding
October 4, 2012
Kiewit-EllisDon win transit projects north of Toronto
Kiewit-EllisDon has been awarded the contract to design and build the York Viva Bus Rapid Transit rapidways along Highway 7 West in Vaughan, Ont.
The project will widen the highway to accommodate a 3.5-kilometre extension of the Highway 7 West rapidway from Interchange Way/Edgeley Boulevard to just east of Keele Street at Bowes Road, and will also include three new Viva stations. The new Vaughan Metropolitan Centre vivastation will connect the rapidway with the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension and an inter-regional bus terminal.
Construction is expected to begin in 2013 and is scheduled to be complete by the end of 2015, in time for the completion of the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension.
The segments from Bowes Road to Yonge Street and from Helen Street to Edgeley Boulevard will be built between 2016 and 2020. The projected completion dates for the remaining segments of the Highway 7 rapidway in Vaughan are beyond 2020, and dependent on available funding commitments.
DCN NEWS SERVICES
Digital Media Editor's Note:
Daily Commercial News subscribers may view more information on Metrolinx and its construction projects by viewing company ID 842091 in Reed Construction Data Canada Building Reports.
If you are not already a subscriber, you can be by filling out the form at this web page. Building Reports are published daily in Daily Commercial News and are available online to subscribers. See the Daily Top 10 for a sample of the information available.
To learn more about construction project leads from Reed Construction Data, fill out the web form at this web page.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 527 projects with a total value of $1,552,331,732 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$120,000,000 Oakville ON Tenders
$48,225,000 Etobicoke ON Prebid
$40,000,000 Ottawa ON Negotiated
- A Closer Look VIDEO: Construction on the Panama Canal Expansion
- CCA96th: Unlocking Canada's Potential
- VIDEO: LiUNA Local 183 Training Centre introduces new programs
- Wins delivered on infrastructure front: Rizzardo
- Behind the Velodrome’s Veil
- Ontario’s prompt payment bill needs work but supported
- Southwest L-evation
- Post-bid clarifications make feds liable for bid repair
- Panama Construction Fact for Today
- Ritchie Bros. hold first Canadian auction of 2014
- Skilled labour needs changing in Saskatchewan
- Quebec’s construction momentum ebbs after 15 years of expansion
- VIDEO: Canadian Construction Association conference Panama preview
- Concerns raised about P3 approach for Saskatchewan schools
- Manitoba focuses on infrastructure spending in budget
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of March 10th, 2014
- Team work and prep are keys to success: Hadfield
- Panama Canal expansion digs deep
- Wood Design Awards
- Outgoing chair reflects on time at the helm of the CCA
- School board asks for traditional procurement
- Site Services in Vancouver
- Looking to improve contract awards
- Environmental verdict riles Taseko
- Prentice to mediate First Nations agreements
- CAWIC funded to create action plan to attract women
- More video surveillance used on construction sites
- Modular workforce housing meets Alberta Building Code standard
- Manitoba outlines infrastructure plan
- BC Hydro posts RFQ for Site C project