LATEST NEWS Roadbuilding
October 4, 2012
Kiewit-EllisDon win transit projects north of Toronto
Kiewit-EllisDon has been awarded the contract to design and build the York Viva Bus Rapid Transit rapidways along Highway 7 West in Vaughan, Ont.
The project will widen the highway to accommodate a 3.5-kilometre extension of the Highway 7 West rapidway from Interchange Way/Edgeley Boulevard to just east of Keele Street at Bowes Road, and will also include three new Viva stations. The new Vaughan Metropolitan Centre vivastation will connect the rapidway with the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension and an inter-regional bus terminal.
Construction is expected to begin in 2013 and is scheduled to be complete by the end of 2015, in time for the completion of the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension.
The segments from Bowes Road to Yonge Street and from Helen Street to Edgeley Boulevard will be built between 2016 and 2020. The projected completion dates for the remaining segments of the Highway 7 rapidway in Vaughan are beyond 2020, and dependent on available funding commitments.
DCN NEWS SERVICES
Digital Media Editor's Note:
Daily Commercial News subscribers may view more information on Metrolinx and its construction projects by viewing company ID 842091 in Reed Construction Data Canada Building Reports.
If you are not already a subscriber, you can be by filling out the form at this web page. Building Reports are published daily in Daily Commercial News and are available online to subscribers. See the Daily Top 10 for a sample of the information available.
To learn more about construction project leads from Reed Construction Data, fill out the web form at this web page.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 333 projects with a total value of $13,209,890,621 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Thursday.
$150,000,000 Toronto ON Negotiated
$35,000,000 Chatham ON Negotiated
$26,000,000 Sudbury ON Tenders
- NTCCC takes to Parliament Hill tomorrow
- Emerald Park Progress
- “Super beam” installed in Montreal Champlain Bridge repair
- Is there energy gold to be mined in sewage processing?
- Ottawa LRT tunnel boring machines named
- Better transportation key to quality of life, states CivicAction
- Three World Cup stadiums behind schedule
- Ontario introduces legislation to help protect vulnerable workers
- Istanbul’s Grand Bazaar inspires design of new strip mall currently being built in Las Vegas
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 9th, 2013
- Building the One
- New design-build contracts released
- Sales tax transition has been a mixed bag for industry
- Taseko files for judicial review of gold mine assessment
- Contract uncertainty and price escalation
- Edmonton college expansion moves ahead
- Council of Construction Associations names Dave Baspaly as new president
- $100 million added to Calgary's capital budget
- Massive investment will complete Kitimat smelter project
- Manitoba invests $45 million
- Corruption charge in probe of SNC-Lavalin