June 18, 2012
Queen’s Jubilee honours for construction
Individuals in Canadian construction who have made a significant impact in their communities or industry could receive a Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Medal .
The Canadian Construction Association (CCA) has been approached by the Governor General’s office to take part in the Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal Program.
CCA has been allocated 38 medals to be presented to “individuals/volunteers from the construction industry across the country that have made a significant contribution” to a particular Canadian province or region that “brings credit to Canada and has helped to build the Canada of today.”
CCA will make the final submission to the Diamond Jubilee Medal Program for the 38 industry nominees. The association’s executive committee is currently finalizing the process by which it will solicit nominations from its partner associations.
The nominations must be submitted by CCA before Dec. 31 and the medals must be presented by Feb. 28, 2013.
DCN NEWS SERVICES
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- Construction begins on 1.5-kilometre western portion of Mississauga transitway
- OCOT consultation comes to a halt over possible bias
- Tunnelling of the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension completed
- Mandatory safety training kicks in next year
- P3s put a jolt in electricity infrastructure
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 321 projects with a total value of $20,605,386,875 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$500,000,000 Province of Ontario ON Prebid
$139,300,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$67,650,000 Toronto ON Prebid
- NTCCC takes to Parliament Hill tomorrow
- Emerald Park Progress
- “Super beam” installed in Montreal Champlain Bridge repair
- Is there energy gold to be mined in sewage processing?
- Ottawa LRT tunnel boring machines named
- Better transportation key to quality of life, states CivicAction
- Three World Cup stadiums behind schedule
- Ontario introduces legislation to help protect vulnerable workers
- Istanbul’s Grand Bazaar inspires design of new strip mall currently being built in Las Vegas
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 9th, 2013
- Building the One
- New design-build contracts released
- Sales tax transition has been a mixed bag for industry
- Taseko files for judicial review of gold mine assessment
- Contract uncertainty and price escalation
- Edmonton college expansion moves ahead
- Council of Construction Associations names Dave Baspaly as new president
- $100 million added to Calgary's capital budget
- Massive investment will complete Kitimat smelter project
- Manitoba invests $45 million
- Corruption charge in probe of SNC-Lavalin