April 18, 2012
Bockstael Construction of Winnipeg celebrates 100 years
Bockstael Construction of Winnipeg announced today it is celebrating its 100th anniversary.
The firm is managed by brothers Larry and John Bockstael. It was founded by their grandfather Theodore in St. Boniface in 1912. Their father, Robert, was president from 1945 until 1979.
“I think our grandfather would be both surprised and proud by just how much Bockstael has grown, especially in the last 30 years,” chief executive officer John Bockstael stated in a press release. “What would probably surprise him most is the range, scope and complexity of the types of projects we’re now engaged in.”
The firm has added full design-build and construction management capabilities, which allows it to provide what it calls “a turn-key construction solution” for any client.
“More and more clients are looking for a contractor capable of taking care of a project from A to Z,” John Bockstael stated. “To that end we’ve added significant internal capability over the last several years across a number of design and management skill sets. The people we have attracted are some of the best in the business, and have taken us far beyond the small family run company we once were.”
The firm stated it has “made a name for itself early on in existence by combining artisan quality workmanship with an ethical approach to business that placed fairness and honesty at the forefront all their relationships.
“As such, Bockstael quickly became the ‘go to’ local builder for many community related projects throughout Manitoba — so much so that if you have lived in Manitoba for any length of time chances are that you have spent time in several of the schools, churches, hospitals, community centres and places of business that the company has built.”
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 527 projects with a total value of $1,552,331,732 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$120,000,000 Oakville ON Tenders
$48,225,000 Etobicoke ON Prebid
$40,000,000 Ottawa ON Negotiated
- CCA96th: Unlocking Canada's Potential
- VIDEO: LiUNA Local 183 Training Centre introduces new programs
- Wins delivered on infrastructure front: Rizzardo
- Behind the Velodrome’s Veil
- Ontario’s prompt payment bill needs work but supported
- Southwest L-evation
- Post-bid clarifications make feds liable for bid repair
- Panama Construction Fact for Today
- Ritchie Bros. hold first Canadian auction of 2014
- Skilled labour needs changing in Saskatchewan
- Quebec’s construction momentum ebbs after 15 years of expansion
- VIDEO: Canadian Construction Association conference Panama preview
- Concerns raised about P3 approach for Saskatchewan schools
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of March 10th, 2014
- Wood Design Awards
- Outgoing chair reflects on time at the helm of the CCA
- School board asks for traditional procurement
- Site Services in Vancouver
- Looking to improve contract awards
- Environmental verdict riles Taseko
- Prentice to mediate First Nations agreements
- CAWIC funded to create action plan to attract women
- More video surveillance used on construction sites
- Modular workforce housing meets Alberta Building Code standard
- Manitoba outlines infrastructure plan
- BC Hydro posts RFQ for Site C project