LATEST NEWS Trade Contracting
December 6, 2010
Work continues on new public library in Orillia, Ontario
WILLIAM CONWAY/PROGRESS PHOTOGRAPHY
Work continues on a new public library and market square in Orillia Ont. General contractor for the two-storey project is Aquicon Construction Co. Ltd.; the owner is the City of Orillia.
The project was designed by Shore Tilbe Perkins + Will and includes a new library building, a market square and parking lot. Completion has been scheduled for June 2011.
Consultants are: Halcrow Yolles (structural); Smith & Andersen Consulting Engineers (mechanical); Mulvey & Banani International Inc. (electrical); Enermodal Engineering Ltd. (environmental); MMM Group Ltd. (civil) and MBTW Group (landscape).
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- Construction begins on 1.5-kilometre western portion of Mississauga transitway
- Tunnelling of the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension completed
- OCOT consultation comes to a halt over possible bias
- P3s put a jolt in electricity infrastructure
- “Super beam” installed in Montreal Champlain Bridge repair
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 331 projects with a total value of $3,875,502,154 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Monday.
$2,200,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$125,000,000 Scarborough ON Prebid
$49,900,000 Toronto ON Prebid
- P3s can support Canadian resource development
- Parking culture shift can influence transit use and development, says expert panel
- What will it take to improve infrastructure?
- NRC unveils four new research programs
- Water-treatment plant planned for Manitoba’s CentrePort area
- RCMP make another arrest in connection with its SNC-Lavalin probe
- United States green construction arms race heats up
- Nova Scotia to ban importation of waste water from shale gas fracking
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 9th, 2013
- Building the One
- New design-build contracts released
- Sales tax transition has been a mixed bag for industry
- Taseko files for judicial review of gold mine assessment
- Contract uncertainty and price escalation
- Edmonton college expansion moves ahead
- Council of Construction Associations names Dave Baspaly as new president
- $100 million added to Calgary's capital budget
- Massive investment will complete Kitimat smelter project
- Manitoba invests $45 million
- Corruption charge in probe of SNC-Lavalin